Where to find the Page Break in the Word Ribbon Menus?

Peter Tesar

Hello,

I would like to insert the Page Break character into my Word document.

Insert is on the upper ribbon, but how to navigate to the Page Break?

Thanks,

Peter T.

Why not just use the keyboard shortcut ALT+N (Insert Ribbon), followed by B (Page break)?

If you want to explore the Insert Ribbon page break is in the first control group, which is the Pages control group.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

WILKINSON Julie

Hi Peter:

You can either do Ctrl Enter, or, using the ribbon, do an Alt N, followed by N P.

Julie

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Peter Tesar
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 7:45 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Where to find the Page Break in the Word Ribbon Menus?

Hello,

Thanks,

Peter T.

*****CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*****
This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 11:03 AM, WILKINSON Julie wrote:
Alt N, followed by N P
That actually inserts a blank page, which may not be wanted.   If it is, then use it, but if all you're trying to do is get text split across two pages at a given point in the text then ALT+N, B gives a page break.

--

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

Steve Griffiths

Breaks are on the Layout tab, so one way is to press Alt, P, B. To remember P for layout, I think of page layout

Hope that helps,

Steve 🐾

Sent: 27 September 2018 15:45

Hello,

Thanks,

Peter T.

This email and any attachment to it are confidential. Unless you are the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, or disclose either the message or any information contained in the message.
If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this email and notify the sender immediately.
Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the sender only, unless otherwise stated.
All emails, incoming and outgoing, may be recorded by Guide Dogs and monitored for legitimate business purposes.
Guide Dogs exclude all liability for any loss or damage arising or resulting from the receipt, use or transmission of this email to the fullest extent permitted by law.

The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association
Tel: 0118 983 5555
Email: guidedogs@...
Registered Office: Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 3YG.
A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales (291646) and a charity registered in England and Wales (209617) and Scotland (SC038979).

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

The easiest way is to hit ctrl+enter.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Griffiths
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 2:28 PM
Subject: Re: Where to find the Page Break in the Word Ribbon Menus?

Breaks are on the Layout tab, so one way is to press Alt, P, B. To remember P for layout, I think of page layout

Hope that helps,

Steve 🐾

Sent: 27 September 2018 15:45

Hello,

Thanks,

Peter T.

This email and any attachment to it are confidential. Unless you are the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, or disclose either the message or any information contained in the message.
If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this email and notify the sender immediately.
Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the sender only, unless otherwise stated.
All emails, incoming and outgoing, may be recorded by Guide Dogs and monitored for legitimate business purposes.
Guide Dogs exclude all liability for any loss or damage arising or resulting from the receipt, use or transmission of this email to the fullest extent permitted by law.

The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association
Tel: 0118 983 5555
Email: guidedogs@...
Registered Office: Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 3YG.
A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales (291646) and a charity registered in England and Wales (209617) and Scotland (SC038979).

Dean Martineau wrote, with regard to inserting a page break:
The easiest way is to hit ctrl+enter.
In all my years using Windows and Word this was a trick I'd never heard of before!   You are absolutely correct that it's got to be the easiest way to insert a page break.

This old dog has learned a new trick!

--