Jaws 18 and Jaws 2018 sounds so difference

O.Addison Gethers

Hi Seighar Do I do this with jaws 2018 in audio prestige  can’t spell right ?

Addison

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2018 8:39 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws 18 and Jaws 2018 sounds so difference

If you refer to audio ducking, I did give you the exact steps, here they are again:

Open the Jaws settings Centre by pressing Jaws Key+6

Press Control+Shift+D to make sure default settings are loaded

Now type the word “lower” into the search box, of course without the quotation marks

Tab once to the result, Jaws should say this:

1 Search Results list box

Lower audio volume of programs while JAWS speaks not checked

User

If this setting is checked then press the spacebar to uncheck it, then tab to OK and press the spacebar or enter.

Lastly, unload and reload Jaws or simply reboot your computer and see if this helped. I hope you can follow these steps because that is about as clear as I can make it.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of O.Addison Gethers
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2018 4:09 AM

Hi there I have desktop with window 10 and I don’t know how to turns off window something in jaws 2018

Addison

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2018 12:02 AM

If you are using Windows 10 make sure audio ducking Is turned off in Jaws 2018, it could be that it is lowering the volume.

To check go to settings with Jaws Key+6, press Control+Shift+D to make sure default settings are loaded and type “lower” into the search box.

You will have 1 search result which says “Lower audio volume of other programs while Jaws speaks”, make sure this is unchecked.

Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2018 5:47 PM

Hi Richard I just download and installed jaws 2018 on Monday afternoon when I was only used jaws 18!! When I was using jaws 2018 I setup all my speech and jaws pitch and etc like I have on jaws 18  but jaws 2018 isn’t loud enough for me to hear with my hearing aid  so I had to turns up the speaker volume up louder to hear better . Then 2 day later I switch back to jaws 18 it was too loud I had to turns down the speaker volume to hear jaws better so there is something strange I have to turns up louder on jaws 2018  less than jaws 18 !! I don’t hasve jaws 2019

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2018 8:13 PM

In the body of your message, you only say 18. I am guessing you mean 19 sounds better or louder? 

I will have to check, but did you migrate your settings from 18 when you installed the 19 beta? Otherwise, it sounds like the volumes are set differently. 

Richard

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment." - Dorothy Nevill

[Sent from my little hand-held computer]

On Sep 22, 2018, at 5:06 PM, O.Addison Gethers <o.addisongethers@...> wrote:

Hello All When I used jaws 18 it’s sound better to me where I have speaker volume up set to hear jaws 18 ,but when I switch back to jaws 2018  its not sounds like jaws 18 where I can’t hear it better so I have to turns up the speaker louder to hear jaws 2018 !! Can anyone tell me why is that?

Addison

Virus-free. www.avast.com

If you refer to audio ducking, I did give you the exact steps, here they are again:

Open the Jaws settings Centre by pressing Jaws Key+6

Press Control+Shift+D to make sure default settings are loaded

Now type the word “lower” into the search box, of course without the quotation marks

Tab once to the result, Jaws should say this:

1 Search Results list box

Lower audio volume of programs while JAWS speaks not checked

User

If this setting is checked then press the spacebar to uncheck it, then tab to OK and press the spacebar or enter.

Lastly, unload and reload Jaws or simply reboot your computer and see if this helped. I hope you can follow these steps because that is about as clear as I can make it.

Regards,

Sieghard

Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2018 4:09 AM

Hi there I have desktop with window 10 and I don’t know how to turns off window something in jaws 2018

Addison

If you are using Windows 10 make sure audio ducking Is turned off in Jaws 2018, it could be that it is lowering the volume.

To check go to settings with Jaws Key+6, press Control+Shift+D to make sure default settings are loaded and type “lower” into the search box.

You will have 1 search result which says “Lower audio volume of other programs while Jaws speaks”, make sure this is unchecked.

Hi Richard I just download and installed jaws 2018 on Monday afternoon when I was only used jaws 18!! When I was using jaws 2018 I setup all my speech and jaws pitch and etc like I have on jaws 18  but jaws 2018 isn’t loud enough for me to hear with my hearing aid  so I had to turns up the speaker volume up louder to hear better . Then 2 day later I switch back to jaws 18 it was too loud I had to turns down the speaker volume to hear jaws better so there is something strange I have to turns up louder on jaws 2018  less than jaws 18 !! I don’t hasve jaws 2019

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner

In the body of your message, you only say 18. I am guessing you mean 19 sounds better or louder? 

I will have to check, but did you migrate your settings from 18 when you installed the 19 beta? Otherwise, it sounds like the volumes are set differently. 

Richard

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment." - Dorothy Nevill

Hello All When I used jaws 18 it’s sound better to me where I have speaker volume up set to hear jaws 18 ,but when I switch back to jaws 2018  its not sounds like jaws 18 where I can’t hear it better so I have to turns up the speaker louder to hear jaws 2018 !! Can anyone tell me why is that?

Addison

O.Addison Gethers

Addison

Richard

Addison

O.Addison Gethers

I don’t know how to explore jaws 18 folder into jaws 2018  I forgot how to do that !!

Addison

Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2018 9:22 PM

My mistake. But, were you asked if you wanted to import your Jaws 18 settings into 2018 when you installed it?

It has been a long time since I used Jaws 18, so I am not sure why that would be. 

Are the volume percentages the same?

Richard

On Sep 22, 2018, at 5:47 PM, O.Addison Gethers <o.addisongethers@...> wrote:

Richard

Addison

Richard

Addison

No, I think he does mean Jaws 18 and Jaws 2018.

Jaws 18 was released in the fall of 2016, Jaws 2018 was released a year ago, in the fall of 2017.

I guess going forward this will be less confusing since the change to using the upcoming year for the version which is released in October continues, just so happened that this year, 2018, we had Jaws 18 and then Jaws 2018 starting in October of 2017 as the upgrade for Jaws 18.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2018 5:13 PM

Richard

Addison

Richard Turner

My mistake. But, were you asked if you wanted to import your Jaws 18 settings into 2018 when you installed it?
It has been a long time since I used Jaws 18, so I am not sure why that would be. 
Are the volume percentages the same?
Richard

On Sep 22, 2018, at 5:47 PM, O.Addison Gethers <o.addisongethers@...> wrote:

Richard

Addison

O.Addison Gethers

Richard

Addison

Richard Turner

Richard

Addison

O.Addison Gethers

Addison