Topics

Thinking of upgrading to 019

David & his pack of dogs

I have been having problems with 018 for a while as in, it gives an error message of needing to install a driver.  If the computer is shut down then started, no message.  If just restarted, I get the error message.  I phoned BFO this morning, talked to the tech.  He did a repair as per the directive from the error message.  Then he said, “It should work now.”   Somehow the call got disconnected before he could check.  I did not disconnect the call.  To make a long story short, you guessed it, the should was a doesn’t.  My sister who is developmentally delayed uses this term a lot when she does not want to do something.  Most of the time, they should work means it won’t. Thus I am thinking of installing 2019 to see if that fixes the problem.  I frankly don’t have time to sit on hold only to find out something does not work and the call gets disconnected before the tech finds this out.  For the record, I had to call BFO back twice before even getting through because the call mysteriously got disconnected.

David Pearson

Hello David, and dogs:

Did the customer “dis-service” dept also torture you by subjecting you to “canned Muzak, and countless repetitions of “how important your call is to them”(apparently, not enough for them to hire more  staff!

Guess that I’m getting old, but it seems that your(my, and many other’s)  experience is happening more frequently than previously.

Sorry, but don’t know answer to your 2019 “techno-question-just wanted to comiserate.

Sincerely,

wa4dsp

Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2018 9:51 PM
Subject: Thinking of upgrading to 019

[...]

Chris Hill

Well, it won't erase your current version, so you have nothing to lose but a little time and space.  The beta fixed my thunderbird problem, and hasn't broken anything I can find yet.

On 9/20/2018 20:51, David & his pack of dogs wrote:

[...]

Michal Nowicki

I love the JAWS 2019 beta! I am an Office 365 user, and JAWS is much more responsive in the entire Office suite.

Michal

[...]

Jason White

The JAWS 2019 beta fixes at least one bug related to Microsoft Word, where it wouldn’t reliably read lines of text containing comments.

In Microsoft Outlook, there was a bug whereby, upon opening a mail message, the cursor would be placed somewhere other than at the start of the message body. So far, I haven’t encountered this in JAWS 2019 beta, which suggests that it may have been resolved by the transition to the new Microsoft Office support.

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of <mnowicki.transactional@...>
Date: Saturday, September 22, 2018 at 16:16
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>

[...]

charleseblack@...

In windows, the delete causes the Word program to be exited. You can press either the backspace or delete key. Is this problem unique to my machine?

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of <mnowicki.transactional@...>
Date: Saturday, September 22, 2018 at 16:16
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>

[...]

Can you explain in a bit more detail what you mean? I can't figure out what your message refers to.

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of <mnowicki.transactional@...>
Date: Saturday, September 22, 2018 at 16:16
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>

[...]

Sounds unusual.  What version of office, and windows?  I am still using office 2007 and it is working normally.

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of <mnowicki.transactional@...>
Date: Saturday, September 22, 2018 at 16:16
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>