Sent: Friday, September 21, 2018 12:30 AM
Subject: Re: Gmail Web Interface - Quick Location of a Button

Thanks Bill.  I'll give that a try.

I do not understand why a CTRL + F (a straight browser find) would be able to locate that button when a JAWS Find (INS + CTRL + F) does not.  I generally encourage my clients to go with a JAWS Find first as it's been my general experience that it will find objects with label text (whether visible or not) as well as straight webpage text.

I'm not doubting what you say, but I could swear we did a JAWS Find on just the word "Settings" this afternoon and kept getting the "not found" dialog.  Why?  That makes no sense if a straight browser find can find something.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Steve Griffiths

Hi Brian,

I'm using Firefox. When I press Ctrl + F, the JAWS virtual find replaces the browser find window. If I'm at the top of the page and search for Settings, it takes me to the Chat settings button; if I then search again it gets me to the Settings button menu.

Another way to get there is with JAWSkey + F5, which lists all form fields, and then S a few times to Settings, then Enter to close the list and put focus on the button menu.

Or, it's just before the Main region. So press R until you get to that, then UpArrow once.

Steve 🐾