From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Morey Worthington
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 8:06 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Chrome and URL help

Hi all.

Using Chrome, Jaws 2018. I went to Youtube Site to play song I wanted.

The song played fine, but now the question.

How does a person go about finding what the URL is, so that I may copy
to a clipboard for future use?

Thanks

Morey Worthington

Thanks,

Morey Worthingtonand played a song. How does a person find out what URL
it is so that I may copy it to a clipboard for future use?

Morey Worthington

Thanks for information. I was trying to do as you recommended, but could not find URL.
Now with your info, I can do it.
Thanks,
Morey

Morey Worthington

Hi Dean. As you suggested, I did get the URL copied to clipboard, then went into Pontes Media Downloader but as before that URL was already in edit field. So, I deleted the one which was there and installed into field. Clicked on download and it said improper URL, could not download.
I tried it on song...Runaway...Del Shannon aand went through same procedure and Media Downloader said invalid URL.
I just had a Windows 10 update yesterday, maybe some change in there?
Try doing the Runaway Song please, and maybe you can figure out how to get it to change to MP3...Thanks.
Morey

CathyAnne Murtha

There is a "Share" Button through which you can copy the URL to your clipboard.

  1. Focus on the YouTube video with the URL you'd like to copy
  2. Display all buttons with JAWS for Windows CTRL-JAWS KEY-B
  3. Within the list, navigate to "Share" (You can type the word to quickly find it)
  4. Press ENTER to focus on the button in the webpage
  5. Focus moves to the button
  6. Activate the button with ENTER
  7. A dialog opens through which you can share the video to a variety of website
  8. Press SHIFT-TAB until focus is on the "Copy" button
  9. Activate the Copy button with ENTER

The URL is copied to the Windows clipboard and ready to paste.

CathyAnne

CathyAnne Murtha

Access Technology Institute, LLC

cathy@...

www.blind.training

(520) 300-7859

Mario

Morey, using any browser you like, you should be able to simply press alt+d
which puts focus on and selects the URL. then you can copy it to the
windows clipboard and start Pontes Media Downloader. PMD should be able
to grab it from the clipboard without having to actually pasting the URL
in to PMD. in which case, you should hear at least 2, if not 3 or 4,
popping sounds, then press tab to the format you want, arrow down or up
to MP3, press tab to and spacebar on the download button.

if you're still having trouble, can you post the URL that you used?

Hi Dean. As you suggested, I did get the URL copied to clipboard, then
went into Pontes Media Downloader but as before that URL was already in
edit field. So, I deleted the one which was there and installed into
field. Clicked on download and it said improper URL, could not download.
I tried it on song...Runaway...Del Shannon aand went through same
procedure and Media Downloader said invalid URL.
I just had a Windows 10 update yesterday, maybe some change in there?
Try doing the Runaway Song please, and maybe you can figure out how to
get it to change to MP3...Thanks.
Morey

.

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

Well, I had some undetermined problem with the first search result, but I got the second and third results downloaded and converted in the way described. As has already been mentioned, when you open Pontes Media Downloader, or switch to it, it grabs the current URL on the clipboard, so you need only press the download button.

With that first result, I played the video, pressed Ctrl¡l to highlight the address bar, (I imagine alt+d would have worked,) copied the URL from there, went to Pontes Media Downloader and downloaded it. I don't know why copying the link from the list of results didn't work, but sometimes you just have to work around anomalies.

Dean

Hi Dean. As you suggested, I did get the URL copied to clipboard, then
went into Pontes Media Downloader but as before that URL was already in
edit field. So, I deleted the one which was there and installed into
field. Clicked on download and it said improper URL, could not download.
I tried it on song...Runaway...Del Shannon aand went through same
procedure and Media Downloader said invalid URL.
I just had a Windows 10 update yesterday, maybe some change in there?
Try doing the Runaway Song please, and maybe you can figure out how to
get it to change to MP3...Thanks.
Morey

.

Morey Worthington

Hi all.
Again, I have done as recommended,and copied the URL to clipboard.
The URL is below.
I tried this in PMD and it says it is an invalid URL. I then copied the URL and tried it in the W/Run dialog and it works just fine...HMM
Before I start PMD, i click applications and run as administrator, just to be sure on that end.
Maybe I should Unload and reload PMD and see what happens.
Any other thoughts helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOh8NS_2nu4

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Morey. I just tried the URL you gave with my version of PMD, and it worked. You might want to try a restart, or reinstall PMD.

Bill White

billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Again, I have done as recommended,and copied the URL to clipboard.
The URL is below.
I tried this in PMD and it says it is an invalid URL. I then copied the
URL and tried it in the W/Run dialog and it works just fine...HMM
Before I start PMD, i click applications and run as administrator, just
to be sure on that end.
Maybe I should Unload and reload PMD and see what happens.
Any other thoughts helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOh8NS_2nu4

WILKINSON Julie

Hi Morey:
Press Alt D and this will move focus to the address bar where the URL is displayed. It is already highlighted so you can press Ctrl C to copy it to the clipboard.
Julie

Using Chrome, Jaws 2018. I went to Youtube Site to play song I wanted.

The song played fine, but now the question.

How does a person go about finding what the URL is, so that I may copy to a clipboard for future use?

Thanks

Morey Worthington

Thanks,

Morey Worthingtonand played a song. How does a person find out what URL it is so that I may copy it to a clipboard for future use?

*****CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*****
This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.
************************************

Lorena Pennington

hi Bill jus curious what is p m d I just got chrome and I didn’t make my default and I don’t understand any of it I have jaws 2018 and windows 7 I was wondering what pmd was thanks much

Hi, Morey. I just tried the URL you gave with my version of PMD, and it worked. You might want to try a restart, or reinstall PMD.

Bill White

billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Again, I have done as recommended,and copied the URL to clipboard.
The URL is below.
I tried this in PMD and it says it is an invalid URL. I then copied the
URL and tried it in the W/Run dialog and it works just fine...HMM
Before I start PMD, i click applications and run as administrator, just
to be sure on that end.
Maybe I should Unload and reload PMD and see what happens.
Any other thoughts helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOh8NS_2nu4

Mario

Lorena, reinstall PMD if you have the installer or if the version is
earlier than 2.1, download a fresh copy of the PMD and install it.

-----Original Message----- From: Bill White

Again, I have done as recommended,and copied the URL to clipboard.
The URL is below.
I tried this in PMD and it says it is an invalid URL. I then copied the
URL and tried it in the W/Run dialog and it works just fine...HMM
Before I start PMD, i click applications and run as administrator, just
to be sure on that end.
Maybe I should Unload and reload PMD and see what happens.
Any other thoughts helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOh8NS_2nu4

.

Mario

oops. sorry. pleas ignore. responding to the wrong person which is too
late anyway... I'll let Bill answer your question.

Lorena, reinstall PMD if you have the installer or if the version is
earlier than 2.1, download a fresh copy of the PMD and install it.

Again, I have done as recommended,and copied the URL to clipboard.
The URL is below.
I tried this in PMD and it says it is an invalid URL. I then copied the
URL and tried it in the W/Run dialog and it works just fine...HMM
Before I start PMD, i click applications and run as administrator, just
to be sure on that end.
Maybe I should Unload and reload PMD and see what happens.
Any other thoughts helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOh8NS_2nu4

.

Lorena Pennington

what is the p m d I don’t know why I need to install it and what do it do I don’t have chrome as my default does that make a difference I don’t know how to work chrome am using windows and jaws 2018 if you can help me with chrome I will really appreciate I am totally lost thanks much

oops. sorry. pleas ignore. responding to the wrong person which is too
late anyway... I'll let Bill answer your question.

Lorena, reinstall PMD if you have the installer or if the version is
earlier than 2.1, download a fresh copy of the PMD and install it.

Again, I have done as recommended,and copied the URL to clipboard.
The URL is below.
I tried this in PMD and it says it is an invalid URL. I then copied the
URL and tried it in the W/Run dialog and it works just fine...HMM
Before I start PMD, i click applications and run as administrator, just
to be sure on that end.
Maybe I should Unload and reload PMD and see what happens.
Any other thoughts helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOh8NS_2nu4

.

Marty Hutchings

PMD is Pontes Media Downloader and you do not need it for Crome. PMD is a program for downloading audio from You Tube and other web sites that host media files.

Love in Christ
Marty