Notifications in Outlook2016

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

Hello, When I’m using Jaws2018, Outlook 2016 and Windows 10, whenever I get incoming emails I get a notice which reads the subject line. Is there a way to turn this off? Cheers, Kevin

Do yu sign in to Windows with a Microsoft account?

If so then you most likely get the notification from the Windows Mail app which might be automatically set up using your Microsoft account.

It is easy to check, just press the Windows key and type “Mail” then press enter. See if your email is set up in the mail app.

is automatically configured with your Microsoft Id

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kevin Meyers
Sent: Sunday, September 9, 2018 5:07 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Notifications in Outlook2016

Hello, When I’m using Jaws2018, Outlook 2016 and Windows 10, whenever I get incoming emails I get a notice which reads the subject line. Is there a way to turn this off? Cheers, Kevin

New Mail Alerts are also created by Outlook, at least from Outlook 2010 onward, though which versions have it on versus off by default I cannot say.

I can say that if you open Outlook help, and search on "new mail alert" you will get step by step instructions for configuring all aspects of that feature, including turning it off entirely.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

I pressed the windows key, typed in mail and pressed enter. It took me back to Outlook.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, September 9, 2018 7:42 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Notifications in Outlook2016

If so then you most likely get the notification from the Windows Mail app which might be automatically set up using your Microsoft account.

It is easy to check, just press the Windows key and type “Mail” then press enter. See if your email is set up in the mail app.

Just make sure it says “Mail, trusted Microsoft Store App”, you might have to arrow around to find it or you can of course go through the start menu and the all programs list. For me if I type Mail it’s the first thing that pops up, if I arrow down I eventually also see Outlook

Sent: Sunday, September 9, 2018 7:25 PM

I pressed the windows key, typed in mail and pressed enter. It took me back to Outlook.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, September 9, 2018 7:42 PM

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Kevin. Did you find a way to turn of new mail alerts?

They’re under Outlook Options>Mail. Press ALT, F, T. Arrow down to Mail, and TAB over, several times. You should see a check box which says Desktop Alerts. If the check box is checked, uncheck it with the Space Bar. TAB to the OK button, and press ENTER.

Now the New Mail alerts should be off.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin Meyers