issue with installing JAWS on windows 10. The JAWS Install has failed.

Mário Navarro

Hi.
someone can help?

every time I try to install the version of JAWS 2018 latest update, I get notified with this message:
The JAWS Install has failed.

I've tried several solutions but without success...

in the freedomcientific site, I can't find anything related to this issue.
I embrace the fact that the freedomscientific Web site, is very poor in solving problems.
the support it's a shame ...
my system is windows 10.
the system is with the latest build 18.
some of you have the solution to solve this issue?

thank you all.
cheers.

---

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Mario,

Are you installing the correct version for your operating system?  What I mean is, if your computer is a 64 bit operating system  are you running the 64 bit Jaws 2018 executable / installer?

Also, do you have Jaws 2018 already installed and you're just trying to update an existing version?
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2018 3:55 AM
Subject: issue with installing JAWS on windows 10. The JAWS Install has failed.

Hi.
someone can help?

every time I try to install the version of JAWS 2018 latest update, I
get notified with this message:
The JAWS Install has failed.

I've tried several solutions but without success...

in the freedomcientific site, I can't find anything related to this issue.
I embrace the fact that the freedomscientific Web site, is very poor in
solving problems.
  the support it's a shame ...
my system is windows 10.
the system is with the latest build 18.
some of you have the solution to solve this issue?

thank you all.
cheers.

---

Marten Post Uiterweer

Mario,

you did not tell what you have tried.

Do you have a previous version of jaws?

What helped on my computer was to uninstall the previous installation of
jaws and in the uninstall program you had to choose to remove shared
components too.

After this, my new jaws version would install.

Regards, Marten

On Sun, 9 Sep 2018 11:55:03 +0100 Mário Navarro <mario.gnv@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi.
someone can help?

every time I try to install the version of JAWS 2018 latest update, I get notified with this message:
The JAWS Install has failed.

I've tried several solutions but without success...

in the freedomcientific site, I can't find anything related to this issue.
I embrace the fact that the freedomscientific Web site, is very poor in solving problems.
the support it's a shame ...
my system is windows 10.
the system is with the latest build 18.
some of you have the solution to solve this issue?

thank you all.
cheers.

-- A acção pode nem sempre ser felicidade, mas não há felicidade sem acção...

---

netbat66

is another version of jaws running when you are installing the new version?
the installation file has its own voice when running it.
but it will not load when another screen reader is running.
i have had better luck when i install with no other screen reader running.
also log on to the computer as administrator if you arn't already.

every time I try to install the version of JAWS 2018 latest update, I
get notified with this message:
The JAWS Install has failed.

I've tried several solutions but without success...

in the freedomcientific site, I can't find anything related to this issue.
I embrace the fact that the freedomscientific Web site, is very poor in
solving problems.
the support it's a shame ...
my system is windows 10.
the system is with the latest build 18.
some of you have the solution to solve this issue?

thank you all.
cheers.

---

Have you called Jaws support? I think this happened once to me some years ago, but I can't remember what I did. If you don't want to call Jaws support here is what I would do:
While Jaws 18 is up and running, go to the FS website and download Jaws 2018 for your system, 64 bit or 32 bit.
Save the file to the desktop
Now uninstall Jaws 18 including shared components, but leave the user settings
After the system reboots, make sure you are on the desktop with Windows Key+M and press "J", you may want to start Narrator to do this until the Jaws installer starts speaking, once it does press Control+Windows Key+Enter to exit Narrator again.
See if Jaws 2018 will install, just in case you might want to make sure you also download a Jaws 18 installer file and have it handy.
If Jaws 2018 installs I personally would not bother putting Jaws 18 back, I don't see any advantage in using it over Jaws 2018 with Windows 10. In 2 months or less Jaws 2019 will come out, a public beta will probably come in the next couple of weeks if how things were in the last few years are an indication.

Regards,
Sieghard

every time I try to install the version of JAWS 2018 latest update, I
get notified with this message:
The JAWS Install has failed.

I've tried several solutions but without success...

in the freedomcientific site, I can't find anything related to this issue.
I embrace the fact that the freedomscientific Web site, is very poor in
solving problems.
the support it's a shame ...
my system is windows 10.
the system is with the latest build 18.
some of you have the solution to solve this issue?

thank you all.
cheers.

---

Mário Navarro

Hi Mike.
Yes is a 65-bit version, and I'm trying to install the executable version.
and I don't have any other version of jaws installed.
I had the version 18, but had uninstalled a week before trying to install the 2018 version.
and I'm not using with licenses.
I'm just using the 45-minute demo mode.

thank you.
cheers.

Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2018 3:55 AM

Hi.
someone can help?

every time I try to install the version of JAWS 2018 latest update, I
get notified with this message:
The JAWS Install has failed.

I've tried several solutions but without success...

in the freedomcientific site, I can't find anything related to this issue.
I embrace the fact that the freedomscientific Web site, is very poor in
solving problems.
  the support it's a shame ...
my system is windows 10.
the system is with the latest build 18.
some of you have the solution to solve this issue?

thank you all.
cheers.

---

Sem vírus. www.avast.com

Mário Navarro

hi Marten.

Yes I had the 18 version installed. and I remove shared components

I did all that ...
but no luck.
thank you.
cheers.

Às 18:17 de 09/09/2018, Marten Post Uiterweer escreveu:

[...]

no.

and I have the microsoft account as an administrator.
thank you.
cheers.

-----Original Message----- From: Mário Navarro
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2018 3:55 AM
To: JAWS jfw GROUP

Hi.
someone can help?

every time I try to install the version of JAWS 2018 latest update, I
get notified with this message:
The JAWS Install has failed.

I've tried several solutions but without success...

in the freedomcientific site, I can't find anything related to this issue.
I embrace the fact that the freedomscientific Web site, is very poor in
solving problems.
the support it's a shame ...
my system is windows 10.
the system is with the latest build 18.
some of you have the solution to solve this issue?

thank you all.
cheers.

---

Mário Navarro

Hi Sieghard
Yes I did all that.
It seems to me that I won't be able to solve this issue.
I'm going to wait for beta 19.
Maybe the beta 19 Installer fix the 18 old installation.
Thank you.
Cheers.

Às 20:36 de 09/09/2018, Sieghard Weitzel escreveu:

[...]

Ann Byrne

Have you completely uninstalled JAWS? First using either the JAWS uninstall or programs and features? then go to users\yourname\appdata, and delete the freedom scientific components from roaming and local ... or whatever those folders are. if you don't remove those, there are still old JAWS settings that can get in the way.

appdata is a hidden folder, so you have to go to c:\users\yourname\ and type in appdata.

Good luck!

Mário Navarro

Hi.

Yes, I did it

thanks.
cheers.
Às 12:16 de 10/09/2018, Ann Byrne escreveu:

Have you completely uninstalled JAWS? First using either the JAWS uninstall or programs and features? then go to users\yourname\appdata, and delete the freedom scientific components from roaming and local ... or whatever those folders are. if you don't remove those, there are still old JAWS settings that can get in the way.

appdata is a hidden folder, so you have to go to c:\users\yourname\ and type in appdata.

Good luck!

---

HH. Smith Jr.

Mario,

Have you tried going to device manager and update your video card drivers.
Also, check the time and date of your computer. JAWS will not install if the
date is wrong; especially, the year.
Steps to update video drivers:
1. hit start button
2. type in Device manager and hit enter
3. tab once and arrow down through the list and find display adapters
4. right arrow and right click, application key, Shift F10 whichever methods
works for you, on each item .
5. arrow through that list and hit enter on update drivers.
6. hit spacebar on the first button, this Lets the computer search
automatically. HTH

--
A aco pode nem sempre ser felicidade, mas no h felicidade sem aco...

---
Este e-mail foi verificado em termos de vrus pelo software antivrus Avast.

Mário Navarro

Hi.
good friend, everything is updated in this system.
Rives, time and date, and much more.
I don't know what else to do.
I'm not a person to give up easily, but I have no more patience for this issue.
for now I'm giving up on trying to solve this issue.
Maybe one day by magic, everything back to normal.
I want to thanks all friends on this group that tried to help me, and for all the patience of your hearts.

thank you all.
cheers.

Às 16:08 de 10/09/2018, HH. Smith Jr. escreveu:

[...]

Jonas Voll

Did you try to redownload the Jaws setup file?
Just make shure you delete the old one first!
Try that and let us know!!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Às 12:16 de 10/09/2018, Ann Byrne escreveu:
Have you completely uninstalled JAWS? First using either the JAWS
uninstall or programs and features? then go to
users\yourname\appdata, and delete the freedom scientific components
from roaming and local ... or whatever those folders are. if you
don't remove those, there are still old JAWS settings that can get in
the way.

appdata is a hidden folder, so you have to go to c:\users\yourname\
and type in appdata.

Good luck!

---

and
'spam@nospam.envisionus.com'

david Jennette

Your going to have to be very careful if you try this but I wouldn't be surprised if even if jaws is uninstalled there will be registry keys left over. In most cases that wouldn't matter but sometimes it could. Maybe you need to go in and remove any left over fs keys then try. Just be very careful though.

Às 12:16 de 10/09/2018, Ann Byrne escreveu:
Have you completely uninstalled JAWS? First using either the JAWS
uninstall or programs and features? then go to
users\yourname\appdata, and delete the freedom scientific components
from roaming and local ... or whatever those folders are. if you
don't remove those, there are still old JAWS settings that can get in
the way.

appdata is a hidden folder, so you have to go to c:\users\yourname\
and type in appdata.

Good luck!

---

If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to 'spam@nospam.envisionus.com'

HH. Smith Jr.

Hi again,

Have you gone to "msconfig" and check if start is at normal start-up. HTH

Did you try to redownload the Jaws setup file?
Just make shure you delete the old one first!
Try that and let us know!!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration for the blind
and visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education
and research.

s 12:16 de 10/09/2018, Ann Byrne escreveu:
Have you completely uninstalled JAWS? First using either the JAWS
uninstall or programs and features? then go to
users\yourname\appdata, and delete the freedom scientific components
from roaming and local ... or whatever those folders are. if you
don't remove those, there are still old JAWS settings that can get in
the way.

appdata is a hidden folder, so you have to go to c:\users\yourname\
and type in appdata.

Good luck!

--
A aco pode nem sempre ser felicidade, mas no h felicidade sem aco...

---
Este e-mail foi verificado em termos de vrus pelo software antivrus Avast.

A aco pode nem sempre ser felicidade, mas no h felicidade sem aco...

To manage your junk mail go to https://nospam.envisionus.com and logon with
your domain userid and password.
'spam@nospam.envisionus.com'
NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential.
The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity
intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or
forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in
error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies
of this message from your computer system.

Mário Navarro

hi.

Yes my friend, even that I did ...
were deleted all the files from the old installation.

the registry was completely cleaned of the old files, but no luck ...

I give up.
thanks.

cheers.
Às 20:34 de 10/09/2018, david Jennette escreveu:

[...]

no luck.
thanks.
cheers.

Às 20:09 de 10/09/2018, Jonas Voll escreveu:

[...]

I said files, but wanted to tsay the right way: registry keys
thanks.
cheers.

[...]

there is also a freedom scientific folder off the root directory in programdata