Protected view/Can't read email attachment

Laura Richardson

Hello,

I received an email with three attachments …… they are word docs, not PDF.  When I open the attachment Jaws says “protected view” and I’m unable to read the document.  Could somebody please help?  It is very important and urgent that I read these attachments.  I’m using Jaws 18, Windows 10 and Outlook 2016.

Laura

Marianne Denning

Hit F6 and you will get a message to be where of emails. Tab one time to enable editing and hit the enter key.

On Sep 8, 2018, at 6:42 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@...> wrote:

Hello,

I received an email with three attachments …… they are word docs, not PDF.  When I open the attachment Jaws says “protected view” and I’m unable to read the document.  Could somebody please help?  It is very important and urgent that I read these attachments.  I’m using Jaws 18, Windows 10 and Outlook 2016.

Laura

Alan Robbins

Laura,

Don’t have anything here now but seems I remember once opened hitting F6 key would give you a choice to select open or read. Normally I would not throw an idea I couldn’t test but you are saying urgent.

Al

I received an email with three attachments …… they are word docs, not PDF.  When I open the attachment Jaws says “protected view” and I’m unable to read the document.  Could somebody please help?  It is very important and urgent that I read these attachments.  I’m using Jaws 18, Windows 10 and Outlook 2016.

Laura

Albert Rizzi

Do you have kersweil?

I received an email with three attachments …… they are word docs, not PDF.  When I open the attachment Jaws says “protected view” and I’m unable to read the document.  Could somebody please help?  It is very important and urgent that I read these attachments.  I’m using Jaws 18, Windows 10 and Outlook 2016.

Laura

Laura Richardson

I pressed F6 and nothing happened …… I also pressed tab and nothing happened …… Still can’t read the attachment.

Laura

Hit F6 and you will get a message to be where of emails. Tab one time to enable editing and hit the enter key.

On Sep 8, 2018, at 6:42 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@...> wrote:

Hello,

I received an email with three attachments …… they are word docs, not PDF.  When I open the attachment Jaws says “protected view” and I’m unable to read the document.  Could somebody please help?  It is very important and urgent that I read these attachments.  I’m using Jaws 18, Windows 10 and Outlook 2016.

Laura

Laura Richardson

Al,

Thanks for responding …… it is quite urgent.  I tried F6 and nothing happened …… Still can’t read the attachment.

Laura

Don’t have anything here now but seems I remember once opened hitting F6 key would give you a choice to select open or read. Normally I would not throw an idea I couldn’t test but you are saying urgent.

Al

I received an email with three attachments …… they are word docs, not PDF.  When I open the attachment Jaws says “protected view” and I’m unable to read the document.  Could somebody please help?  It is very important and urgent that I read these attachments.  I’m using Jaws 18, Windows 10 and Outlook 2016.

Laura

Laura Richardson

No …… I use Open Book.

I received an email with three attachments …… they are word docs, not PDF.  When I open the attachment Jaws says “protected view” and I’m unable to read the document.  Could somebody please help?  It is very important and urgent that I read these attachments.  I’m using Jaws 18, Windows 10 and Outlook 2016.

Laura

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Lora. If you want to read your attachments, call me at:

714-835-6295. I will walk you through saving and reading your attachments.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...