Authorisation CD and windows 10

paul lemm

Hi,

So I’m actually asking for a friend, but she’s just brought a new laptop which is running windows 10, she has installed jaws , which is currently running in demo mode, to activate jaws she needs her 20 digit authorisation code, which she doesn’t have, she does have her serial number plus has an authrurisation CD, but the CD doesn’t appear to work on windows 10 , it just says permission denied when she tries to  run the authorisation CD and she can’t get the code from the properties  of the CD either. Does anyone else know of any way to get the authorisation number ? without contacting freedom scientific, just as we are in Europe, not the US so it makes it  difficult to call and emailing may take a while to get a reply  due  to time difference and the weekend being almost here.

Thanks in advance  for any help

Paul

Steve Matzura

Email support@... with the serial number and request they return an email with the authorization number. Surprising the disk envelope doesn't have it printed or brailled on it somewhere.

On 9/8/2018 5:23 PM, paul lemm wrote:

[...]

Ron Pelletier

Hi Paul,

I don’t remember all the details but it can be done from the Freedom authorization web site. You need  to have the serial number when you go to that site and the locking code that is  located in the “about” section of the JAWS context menu.

When you enter these 2 pieces identifying you, Freedom will issue a one time authorization number which is a long code and will need to be copied and pasted in the appropriate box when you run the authorization from JAWS.  I’ve done it a few times but that was a while back and I don’t remember the exact steps but this should give what you need to get it done.

Ron & Danvers

soft

[...]

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. yeah, I thought it was odd too that the auth number wasn’t on the CD case, she says it does have the serial number in brail and has had two sighted people check the case  and apparently no authorisation number anywhere  it just says to run the authorisation CD. Thanks for the support email though, I had a feeling that would probably be the only route for getting a copy of the auth number, but thought I’d ask on the off chance there was another way.

Paul

So I’m actually asking for a friend, but she’s just brought a new laptop which is running windows 10, she has installed jaws , which is currently running in demo mode, to activate jaws she needs her 20 digit authorisation code, which she doesn’t have, she does have her serial number plus has an authrurisation CD, but the CD doesn’t appear to work on windows 10 , it just says permission denied when she tries to  run the authorisation CD and she can’t get the code from the properties  of the CD either. Does anyone else know of any way to get the authorisation number ? without contacting freedom scientific, just as we are in Europe, not the US so it makes it  difficult to call and emailing may take a while to get a reply  due  to time difference and the weekend being almost here.

Thanks in advance  for any help

Paul

ratshtron

the 20 digit authorization code should be written on the sleeve of the cd or maybe on the cd itself.
you also need to look in the about dialog box of jaws to retrieve the locking code for that computer as well.

Legend has it that on Saturday 9/8/2018 04:23 PM, paul lemm said:

So I'm actually asking for a friend, but she's just brought a new laptop which is running windows 10, she has installed jaws , which is currently running in demo mode, to activate jaws she needs her 20 digit authorisation code, which she doesn't have, she does have her serial number plus has an authrurisation CD, but the CD doesn't appear to work on windows 10 , it just says permission denied when she tries to run the authorisation CD and she can't get the code from the properties of the CD either. Does anyone else know of any way to get the authorisation number ? without contacting freedom scientific, just as we are in Europe, not the US so it makes it difficult to call and emailing may take a while to get a reply due to time difference and the weekend being almost here.

Thanks in advance for any help

Paul

inamuddin khan

And the site is:

FSActivation.com

HTH

Charlsdarwin1

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

the 20 digit authorization code should be written on the sleeve of

the cd or maybe on the cd itself.

you also need to look in the about dialog box of jaws to retrieve the

locking code for that computer as well.

Legend has it that on Saturday 9/8/2018 04:23 PM, paul lemm said:

>Hi,

>So I'm actually asking for a friend, but she's just brought a new

>laptop which is running windows 10, she has installed jaws , which

>is currently running in demo mode, to activate jaws she needs her 20

>digit authorisation code, which she doesn't have, she does have her

>serial number plus has an authrurisation CD, but the CD doesn't

>appear to work on windows 10 , it just says permission denied when

>she tries to  run the authorisation CD and she can't get the code

>from the properties  of the CD either. Does anyone else know of any

>way to get the authorisation number ? without contacting freedom

>scientific, just as we are in Europe, not the US so it makes

>it  difficult to call and emailing may take a while to get a

>reply  due  to time difference and the weekend being almost here.

>Thanks in advance  for any help

>Paul

inamuddin khan

The site: