FireFox 61.0.2 Freezing

Hello

I am trying to figure out if my issue is FireFox, JAWS or computer related.

After downloading FireFox 61.0.2, when I use FireFox at times it will freeze, disappear and my cpu speed will increase to 40 – 80% and sound like it is working hard. When the FireFox is closed, the cpu speed returns to normal (0 – 20%).

We have uninstalled and reinstalled FireFox and still experiencing the same issue.

Is anyone else having this  experience or any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Cathy

Cristóbal

V 62.0 came out today so you may want to try upgrading just to see if that helps at all.

I am trying to figure out if my issue is FireFox, JAWS or computer related.

After downloading FireFox 61.0.2, when I use FireFox at times it will freeze, disappear and my cpu speed will increase to 40 – 80% and sound like it is working hard. When the FireFox is closed, the cpu speed returns to normal (0 – 20%).

We have uninstalled and reinstalled FireFox and still experiencing the same issue.

Is anyone else having this  experience or any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Cathy

Nino Dagostino

Hi:

This is just a thought.

See if hardware exeleration is on and uncheck it.

I think that option was in options.

Thank you.

V 62.0 came out today so you may want to try upgrading just to see if that helps at all.

I am trying to figure out if my issue is FireFox, JAWS or computer related.

After downloading FireFox 61.0.2, when I use FireFox at times it will freeze, disappear and my cpu speed will increase to 40 – 80% and sound like it is working hard. When the FireFox is closed, the cpu speed returns to normal (0 – 20%).

We have uninstalled and reinstalled FireFox and still experiencing the same issue.

Is anyone else having this  experience or any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Cathy

WILKINSON Julie

Hi all:

In Firefox options, I have unchecked the use recommended performance settings checkbox and have found this really improves Firefox performance.

Julie

V 62.0 came out today so you may want to try upgrading just to see if that helps at all.

I am trying to figure out if my issue is FireFox, JAWS or computer related.

After downloading FireFox 61.0.2, when I use FireFox at times it will freeze, disappear and my cpu speed will increase to 40 – 80% and sound like it is working hard. When the FireFox is closed, the cpu speed returns to normal (0 – 20%).

We have uninstalled and reinstalled FireFox and still experiencing the same issue.

Is anyone else having this  experience or any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Cathy

*****CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*****
This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Julie. Yes, it does. Also, once Use Recommended Settings is unchecked, you will also see one called

Use hardware acceleration when available

Make sure that box is also unchecked.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...