audacity and jaws

pmbeardy@...

hi, does anybody use audacity?
I'm looking for a program to slow down music without the pitch changing.
if audacity isn't easy to use with jaws can someone recommend  another audio program  that does work with jaws.
thankx
pb

Audacity is as easy to use as any complex software can be with JAWS.  It seems to be the audio editor of choice for many screen reader users.

And, yes, there is a built-in filter that allows you to slow down music without the pitch changing.  I had to do that for someone I was helping to put together the music and other audio for a dressage routine.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

I have a question about Audacity. When I used to use Linux, they had an effect that allowed you to play a song backwards. Do you know if Audacity is able to do this, or if there is an AddOn that allows for this? Right now, I use Total Recorder, and, as far as I know, it doesn’t allow for playing a song backwards.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Audacity is as easy to use as any complex software can be with JAWS.  It seems to be the audio editor of choice for many screen reader users.

And, yes, there is a built-in filter that allows you to slow down music without the pitch changing.  I had to do that for someone I was helping to put together the music and other audio for a dressage routine.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Bill,

           To my knowledge, Audacity has never removed any of the features/filters it had, only added to them.  If it was in there "way back when" it should still be in there now.

           My guess is that Audacity simply "reflects" the entire track to pull off that trick.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Brian. What I’m asking is if it’s in Audacity at all. I don’t know if it was ever there, let alone, if it is there now.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

           To my knowledge, Audacity has never removed any of the features/filters it had, only added to them.  If it was in there "way back when" it should still be in there now.

           My guess is that Audacity simply "reflects" the entire track to pull off that trick.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

That’s a really straightforward process; I admit I haven’t looked in a while but I’ve no doubt at all that Audacity can still do this.