From: John Gurd
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2016 2:26 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Can't invoke Chicken Nugget since Windows 10 Anniversary update

Ever since I updated Windows 10 to the Anniversary update I can’t get the main screen to come up for Chicken Nugget. Alt-Windows-W no longer works. I’ve also tried ctrl-Windows-W and Alt-ctrl-Windows-W. Is anyone else having this issue?

John

Les Kriegler <kriegler@...>

Robin, I've noticed that when going through tweets in Chicken Nugget, sometimes Jaws is very slow to respond when I press down arrow to move from tweet to tweet. I hope this is addressed in the update. I'm also running Windows 10's anniversary release.

Les

Yes Windows 10 has taken that keystroke for something else it seems. I did read on twitter that an update is soon to be forth coming with a different key map. Meanwhile my way around this was to do a clean uninstall and reinstall thus the program came up in main window where I could edit the keystroke to my own liking for the time being. I’d been told that this can also be done via the conf file but doing so didn’t work for me.
I hope this helps.
Robin

Ever since I updated Windows 10 to the Anniversary update I can’t get the main screen to come up for Chicken Nugget. Alt-Windows-W no longer works. I’ve also tried ctrl-Windows-W and Alt-ctrl-Windows-W. Is anyone else having this issue?

John

kory anderson

what is chicken nugget?

[...]

Robin Frost

Hi,
I haven't observed that behavior here but most of the time I run in global mode so I'm not in main window. but hopefully the new update will perform better for you.
Robin

[...]

chicken Nugget is a desktop client allowing blind people to access twitter without needing to interact with the site.
I hope that helps.
Robin

Ever since I updated Windows 10 to the Anniversary update I can’t get the
main screen to come up for Chicken Nugget. Alt-Windows-W no longer works. I’ve
also tried ctrl-Windows-W and Alt-ctrl-Windows-W. Is anyone else having this
issue?

John

Kenny Peyattt jr.

Chicken nugget is a accessible twitter client for the twitter website.
Kenny Peyatt jr.

Ever since I updated Windows 10 to the Anniversary update I can’t get the
main screen to come up for Chicken Nugget. Alt-Windows-W no longer works. I’ve
also tried ctrl-Windows-W and Alt-ctrl-Windows-W. Is anyone else having this
issue?

John

Sue Starfas <sueanne2749@...>

Are there other clients that a totally blind person can use?

Thanks.

Sue

Ever since I updated Windows 10 to the Anniversary update I can’t get the
main screen to come up for Chicken Nugget. Alt-Windows-W no longer works. I’ve
also tried ctrl-Windows-W and Alt-ctrl-Windows-W. Is anyone else having this
issue?

John

John Gurd

Thanks Robin, I managed to edit the keystroke and it seems to be working again. I also found I could create a hotkey direct to the keystroke editor, so hopefully that will be an extra safeguard.

John