From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of pmbeardy@...
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 11:44 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: jaws video card and dvd wmp

hello, just wondering if there is a way of watching copy protected dvd's without having to plug in the monitor.
isn't jaws somehow linked to the video card driver to protect it being copied?
I wonder how many on this list actually have their monitors plugged in.
pb

pmbeardy@...

hi, thanks for the reply. yeah the problem I'm having is watching dvd's without the thing being plugged in some window pops up telling monitor has to be plugged because of copy protection yadah yadah yadah.
it happens with power dvd too.
isn't there a setting in windows where you can have no monitor... can't remember where in the control panel that option is.
about jaws and monitor drivers or video drivers you can see a jaws driver in the device manager settings. under video cards I may be wrong.

On Sun, 2 Sep 2018 01:06:50 -0400, "HH. Smith Jr." wrote:

Hi,

I rarely turn on or plug in my monitor. The only time I use my monitor is when I am repairing or working on a computer that won’t boot up its’ operating system or when someone is looking over my shoulder at the screen. When my monitor is on I have a tendency of trying to follow the cursor as it moves across the screen and that gives me a tremendous headache. It is a bad habit and I can’t seem to stop it so I keep the screen turned off until required to turn it on.

To answer the second question, JAWS intercepts the video signal before it gets to the monitor. I am pretty sure I’m correct on this, but open for correction.