JAWS and MS Edge

dramartinez@...

Good morning, I am a brand new subscriber.  I have a question concerning reading Websites in MS Edge.  When arrowing up and down through Web pages, JAWS says things like "column 1 row 1" and then reads the content of that cell(?).  Or when entering a list it will announce "list with 3 items" (or something along those lines, and then proceed to give you information about links and whatnot in that list.  I find this very cumbersome and would like to know if there is any way to stop those kinds of announcements.  I have already gone through "verbosity" and set everything to advanced or to ignore table headings and such.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

P.S., I have been a JAWS user since JAWS 1.X. 

Van Lant, Robin

I agree that JAWS seems particularly verbose in Edge.  I have not found settings yet to adjust this, as the same sites in IE 11 read fine, so I think it’s an Edge issue, not a JAWS settings issue.  I’m still with IE and Chrome until Edge is improved.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of dramartinez@...
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2018 5:53 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS and MS Edge

Good morning, I am a brand new subscriber.  I have a question concerning reading Websites in MS Edge.  When arrowing up and down through Web pages, JAWS says things like "column 1 row 1" and then reads the content of that cell(?).  Or when entering a list it will announce "list with 3 items" (or something along those lines, and then proceed to give you information about links and whatnot in that list.  I find this very cumbersome and would like to know if there is any way to stop those kinds of announcements.  I have already gone through "verbosity" and set everything to advanced or to ignore table headings and such.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

P.S., I have been a JAWS user since JAWS 1.X. 

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.