OT: setting up wi-fi for laptop

Bill Tessore

Hi, I need to connect my Intel laptop running Windows 7 Professional with JAWS 17 to wi-fi here at home so I can email a document to get it printed. If someone can get back to me off-line, either by email or phone, so I can figure this out, that’d be great.  Shalom,

Bill Tessore
billtessore@...
(559) 392-8498

dramartinez@...

First, make sure your computer has WIFI capabilities.

Well, it's not off-topic if you're trying to do it with JAWS.  JAWS is useless unless it's being used to do something else as it's whole reason for being.

Unfortunately, I no longer have any Windows 7 machines I have ready access to so I can't whip up a set of step-by-step instructions under the dialogs that get used in that version of Windows.

It's not complicated presuming that your WiFi itself is already configured, as all you'll do is select the WiFi network and enter the password and you're in.

If the WiFi is not configured, then things get significantly more complicated and whoever might be assisting you would need to know about what modem-router model you have in order to set up the WiFi itself.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

pmbeardy@...

hi, go to your desktop and hit the applications key.
then go into properties then tab over to device manager.
enter that tab once more hit "N" for network adaptors.
see what cards you have installed.
if you don't see "wi fi mini port adapter or something to do with dwxxx802.... depending on your computer." then try doing a "scan for hardware changes" that may bring up the missing devices.
goodluck

On Thu, 30 Aug 2018 14:32:44 -0700, "Brian Vogel" wrote:

Well, it's not off-topic if you're trying to do it with JAWS.  JAWS is useless unless it's being used to do something else as it's whole reason for being.

Unfortunately, I no longer have any Windows 7 machines I have ready access to so I can't whip up a set of step-by-step instructions under the dialogs that get used in that version of Windows.

It's not complicated presuming that your WiFi itself is already configured, as all you'll do is select the WiFi network and enter the password and you're in.

If the WiFi is not configured, then things get significantly more complicated and whoever might be assisting you would need to know about what modem-router model you have in order to set up the WiFi itself.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Bill Tessore

Thanks gang, I managed to get some help. All is well here now. Thank you.

Shalom,

Bill Tessore