saving screen text

Tom <tomcat509@...>

Hi,

Using Jaws 2018 under W10 , is there a simple method of capturing the contents of the properties of a file and then paste it into a text editor?

Jaws  will only read part of the output of the file properties without going   into touch etc and so it makes it impossible to use the Jaws copy command or am I missing something here?

Thanks

Tom

Steve Matzura

You can virtualize that (or just about any) window with JAWS Key plus Alt plus W, which will give you what in my unhumble opinion is rather a poor rendering of that window if you want to preserve its topography. Why not use the JAWS or Invisible Cursor?

When I was in JAWS scripting class ten years ago, we wrote a script that assigned hotkeys to read most of the fields in the File/Folder Properties window. I should resurrect those and polish them up.

On 8/28/2018 9:19 PM, Tom wrote:

Hi,

Using Jaws 2018 under W10 , is there a simple method of capturing the contents of the properties of a file and then paste it into a text editor?

Jaws  will only read part of the output of the file properties without going   into touch etc and so it makes it impossible to use the Jaws copy command or am I missing something here?

Thanks

Tom

Tom <tomcat509@...>

Thanks for the info Steve.  The virtualize command works well for my needs.

Tom