Use of standard view in Gmail

turab chimthanawala

Hi all,
Have been using Basic HTML view all this while in my Gmail account.
However, at the firm I recently joined, the office id has a Standard view.
Wish to know the key commands as the table and checkbox shortcuts are
not working properly.
Thanking you
Best
Turab

Do you have the Gmail Keyboard Shortcuts turned on?   They are off by default.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Shankar C

Hi, if your office uses gmail for the Communication, do the following.
1. login with the gmail using your credentials.
2. once you login, the screen reader may announce loading gmail….
3. press letter b key.
4. the screen reader should announce load basic html button, now just
activate the button by pressing space or enter key.
5. now you can view your gmail with basic html.

if you want to set this as default view, go to the links list and
press letter s until your screen reader says set as default view, and
activate the link.

Do you have the Gmail Keyboard Shortcuts (
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6594?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
) turned on?   They are off by default.
--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

    A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need
for illusion is deep.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

----------
email: harshalgips@gmail.com
msn: harshalgips@hotmail.com
skype: shankar.a
mobile:+919945860671
thanks and regards
shankar

turab chimthanawala

Hi Shankar,
Thanks a lot for your suggestions.
Will follow the steps. I have the following additional concerns.
1. If I change the view in my system, will the view change for others as well?
2. Are the features in Basic HTML view lesser as compared to Standard View?
Best
Turab

On 9/2/18, Shankar C <harshalgips@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

----------"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no
point."
----------
email: harshalgips@gmail.com
msn: harshalgips@hotmail.com
skype: shankar.a
mobile:+919945860671
thanks and regards
shankar

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Turab. If you change to Basic View, it will change the view for everyone who uses the same login and password, because you are changing the account at the Internet Web Page level, not at the level of an email client on your own machine.

Bill White

billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

[...]

Hi Bill,
Thanks for your revert.
Well, that's precisely my concern. As sighted people don't quite like
the Basic HTML view.
Hence, was wondering of some basic shortcuts to navigate in Standard view.
Best
Turab

On 9/2/18, Bill White <billwhite92701@dslextreme.com> wrote:
[...]

Could u please guide as to how the Gmail shortcuts can be turned on?
Thanks
Best
Turab

On 9/3/18, turab chimthanawala <turabhvc@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Ketan Kothari <muktaketan@...>

Turab,

You will use your ID and not anyone else's ID so if it is only you who
is using the said ID then of course there should not be any problem.

Ketan

On 8/27/18, turab chimthanawala <turabhvc@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
Have been using Basic HTML view all this while in my Gmail account.
However, at the firm I recently joined, the office id has a Standard view.
Wish to know the key commands as the table and checkbox shortcuts are
not working properly.
Thanking you
Best
Turab

--
Ketan Kothari
Phone: [r] 24223281,
Cell: 9987550614
MSN ID: muktaketan@hotmail.com
Skype ID: Ketan3333

turab chimthanawala

Hello Ketan,
It is not my id. It is the firms' id which we all have access to from
our respective systems.
Best
Turab

On 9/3/18, Ketan Kothari <muktaketan@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

I don't use Standard View with Gmail, so I haven't needed to turn on the shortcuts.

1. First turn off the Virtual Cursor with INSERT plus Z.
2. Press Question Mark (SHIFT plus /) to obtain a list of shortcuts.
3. TAB to Enable, and press ENTER.
4. Your shortcuts should now be enabled.

[...]

Hi, Ketan. Turab would be using the office ID, not his own ID.

[...]

Thanks a lot.
Best
Turab