HELP REQUESTED FOR HOW TO RECORD AUDIO WITH JAWS FOR WINDOWS IN COMPATIBILITY WITH VLC-MEDIA PLAYER

samuel.idem001@...

Dear The main@jfw.groups.io Team,

I'm pleased to be accepted on this platform, even as I hope to
contribute and gain from the countless knowledge of members here.
Thank you very much!
As a blind computer user, I humbly ask for instructions on how to
successfully use JAWS for Windows in compatibility with VLC_Media
Player to record audio: I'm working on my music/singing profession,
and would be doing some song-recordings on my computer to assess the
quality of my voice, rhythm of the song, etc.
I look forward to reading from fellow mates here, oping to connect on
a personal level even as we make progress here!
More power to our elbows as we give our quota, great or little, to
bettering the lot of humanity.

Digitally yours,
Samuel Idem.

John Covici

I did not know vlc would record anything??

On Sun, 26 Aug 2018 18:16:17 -0400,
Samuel Idem wrote:

Dear The main@jfw.groups.io Team,

I'm pleased to be accepted on this platform, even as I hope to
contribute and gain from the countless knowledge of members here.
Thank you very much!
As a blind computer user, I humbly ask for instructions on how to
successfully use JAWS for Windows in compatibility with VLC_Media
Player to record audio: I'm working on my music/singing profession,
and would be doing some song-recordings on my computer to assess the
quality of my voice, rhythm of the song, etc.
I look forward to reading from fellow mates here, oping to connect on
a personal level even as we make progress here!
More power to our elbows as we give our quota, great or little, to
bettering the lot of humanity.

Digitally yours,
Samuel Idem.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Mario

to my knowledge, VLC is not used to record, it is used to play audio or
video files, hence the name, VLC Media Player.

if a free program is desired, you can take a look at Audacity.

Samuel Idem wrote:

Dear The main@jfw.groups.io Team,

I'm pleased to be accepted on this platform, even as I hope to
contribute and gain from the countless knowledge of members here.
Thank you very much!
As a blind computer user, I humbly ask for instructions on how to
successfully use JAWS for Windows in compatibility with VLC_Media
Player to record audio: I'm working on my music/singing profession,
and would be doing some song-recordings on my computer to assess the
quality of my voice, rhythm of the song, etc.
I look forward to reading from fellow mates here, oping to connect on
a personal level even as we make progress here!
More power to our elbows as we give our quota, great or little, to
bettering the lot of humanity.

Digitally yours,
Samuel Idem.

Mario

oops. I forgot it's home where you can check it out:
http://audacityteam.org/

Samuel Idem wrote:

Dear The main@jfw.groups.io Team,

I'm pleased to be accepted on this platform, even as I hope to
contribute and gain from the countless knowledge of members here.
Thank you very much!
As a blind computer user, I humbly ask for instructions on how to
successfully use JAWS for Windows in compatibility with VLC_Media
Player to record audio: I'm working on my music/singing profession,
and would be doing some song-recordings on my computer to assess the
quality of my voice, rhythm of the song, etc.
I look forward to reading from fellow mates here, oping to connect on
a personal level even as we make progress here!
More power to our elbows as we give our quota, great or little, to
bettering the lot of humanity.

Digitally yours,
Samuel Idem.

David & his pack of dogs

I was eating my supper. Now I can jump in here. The record option is indeed available in VLC. How exactly it works, though, I don't know. I've been using VLC for years and a lot of the functions I have not used, accept playing recorded programs off of YouTube or audio programs off the internet. I should play around with it. The secondary question is, after it is recorded, where is it stored? As I was writing this I notice Mario posted something. Perhaps he has already answered your query.

Samuel Idem wrote:

Dear The main@jfw.groups.io Team,

I'm pleased to be accepted on this platform, even as I hope to contribute and gain from the countless knowledge of members here.
Thank you very much!
As a blind computer user, I humbly ask for instructions on how to successfully use JAWS for Windows in compatibility with VLC_Media Player to record audio: I'm working on my music/singing profession, and would be doing some song-recordings on my computer to assess the quality of my voice, rhythm of the song, etc.
I look forward to reading from fellow mates here, oping to connect on a personal level even as we make progress here!
More power to our elbows as we give our quota, great or little, to bettering the lot of humanity.

Digitally yours,
Samuel Idem.

Mario

VLC does have a record feature? how interesting. maybe someone can tell
us how to utilize it, because I sure don't know about it.
I wonder how good it is in terms of quality of it's recordings.

Samuel Idem wrote:

Dear The main@jfw.groups.io Team,

I'm pleased to be accepted on this platform, even as I hope to
contribute and gain from the countless knowledge of members here.
Thank you very much!
As a blind computer user, I humbly ask for instructions on how to
successfully use JAWS for Windows in compatibility with VLC_Media Player
to record audio: I'm working on my music/singing profession, and would
be doing some song-recordings on my computer to assess the quality of my
voice, rhythm of the song, etc.
I look forward to reading from fellow mates here, oping to connect on a
personal level even as we make progress here!
More power to our elbows as we give our quota, great or little, to
bettering the lot of humanity.

Digitally yours,
Samuel Idem.

.

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Hi.

I've never tried it, but yes it can be done; however I think it's mostly for recording streams. The quality of the audio would not be dependent on VLC. I'm not sure you can record from an external microphone, and it's definitely not appropriate for what the OP wants to do, if I remember it right (I have deleted it and so now am not sure). You'll want something like audacity or goldwave, probably.