From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marvin Hunkin via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 8:14 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: windows narrator

Hi. is there a trouble shooter to fix windows narrator on windows 10 1803. When I sign in, don’t hear any voices, just the clicks and some times doing control windows enter will not turn off narrator. The only way to do that was to power down and then log back on, any one got a trouble shooter for this. Did google but could not seem to find any thing, also is there a trouble shooter for my soundcard.

Any ideas.

Thanks.

Richard Turner

I’ll echo Sieghard’s recommendation.  877-204-3930

Too many possibilities without a Microsoft person logging in to sort things out.

Richard

I would recommend a call to Microsoft Accessibility, get them to connect and see what’s going on.

Hi. is there a trouble shooter to fix windows narrator on windows 10 1803. When I sign in, don’t hear any voices, just the clicks and some times doing control windows enter will not turn off narrator. The only way to do that was to power down and then log back on, any one got a trouble shooter for this. Did google but could not seem to find any thing, also is there a trouble shooter for my soundcard.

Any ideas.

Thanks.

Les Kriegler <kriegler@...>

Richard,

I think you gave out the number for Apple Accessibility.  Microsoft Accessibility is:  (800)936-5900.

Les

On 2018-08-24 9:14 p.m., Marvin Hunkin via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi. is there a trouble shooter to fix windows narrator on windows 10 1803. When I sign in, don’t hear any voices, just the clicks and some times doing control windows enter will not turn off narrator. The only way to do that was to power down and then log back on, any one got a trouble shooter for this. Did google but could not seem to find any thing, also is there a trouble shooter for my soundcard.

Any ideas.

Thanks.

James Homuth

Folks,

This is kind of off-topic for this list. Please keep rule 2 in mind. Thank you.

James,

List Admin

On 2018-08-24 9:14 p.m., Marvin Hunkin via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi. is there a trouble shooter to fix windows narrator on windows 10 1803. When I sign in, don’t hear any voices, just the clicks and some times doing control windows enter will not turn off narrator. The only way to do that was to power down and then log back on, any one got a trouble shooter for this. Did google but could not seem to find any thing, also is there a trouble shooter for my soundcard.

Any ideas.

Thanks.

Robert Logue

Thanks James.  I didn't notice this was the Jaws list.  The tips I gave below actually can help with Jaws too.

I'm done.

I need a Narrator and an NVDA list as I don't use Jaws any more.

Bob

On 2019-03-09 1:50 p.m., James Homuth wrote:

Folks,

This is kind of off-topic for this list. Please keep rule 2 in mind. Thank you.

James,

List Admin

On 2018-08-24 9:14 p.m., Marvin Hunkin via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi. is there a trouble shooter to fix windows narrator on windows 10 1803. When I sign in, don’t hear any voices, just the clicks and some times doing control windows enter will not turn off narrator. The only way to do that was to power down and then log back on, any one got a trouble shooter for this. Did google but could not seem to find any thing, also is there a trouble shooter for my soundcard.

Any ideas.

Thanks.

I wrote to Bob offlist regarding a forum where people do discuss those screen readers.

//JL

On 2019-03-09 1:50 p.m., James Homuth wrote:

Folks,

This is kind of off-topic for this list. Please keep rule 2 in mind. Thank you.

James,

List Admin