Balloons

Jerry Berrier <jerry.berrier@...>

I assume this is a balloon.

During boot-up, my computer always dings and invites me to “click here to install” a printer utility.

How can I interact with that announcement? It does not stay on the screen long enough for me to do anything with it.

I’m running JAWS 2018 and Windows 10.

Jerry Berrier

Director of Education Technology

Perkins School for the Blind
175 North Beacon Street
Watertown MA 02472
P: 617-972-7826
Perkins.org

Perkins School for the Blind Logo

Facebook Link IconTwitter Link IconInstagram Link IconLinkedIn Link IconPinterest Link Icon

Don Mauck

If you could catch it, you should be able to click the JAWS Left Mouse button. However, when this happens to me, I can usually find it in my system tray, “notifications”. I don’t know how you have your system tray set, but that’s my thought.

During boot-up, my computer always dings and invites me to “click here to install” a printer utility.

How can I interact with that announcement? It does not stay on the screen long enough for me to do anything with it.

I’m running JAWS 2018 and Windows 10.

Jerry Berrier

Director of Education Technology

Perkins School for the Blind
175 North Beacon Street
Watertown MA 02472
P: 617-972-7826
Perkins.org

Perkins School for the Blind Logo

Facebook Link IconTwitter Link IconInstagram Link IconLinkedIn Link IconPinterest Link Icon

Jeremy <jeremy.richards7@...>

Hi,

With certain Windows messages, as has been suggested, when you hear the balloon pop up, press the JAWS left click command which is numpad slash.

You can also press Windows key+A to show the Windows 10 action center. Now tab through the screen until you come across the list of messages. Once you find the list of messages, simply down arrow through them.

JR