picking which account to send message from windows mail

Kimsan,

           Thanks for that observation from direct experience.  At least I now I know the approach that the Mail app is taking for a new message when you're in the linked inbox.

--
Brian

         ~ William James

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Even when they are linked, when you send the email, it will ask which account you’d like to use.  Arrow and activate the account you’d like and press enter, then send.

At least that is what it did for me.

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

            Unless you have linked your inboxes, the account being actively used at the moment will be the one from which any new message you compose will be sent.

            I've not linked my inboxes simply because I use different accounts for different purposes and always want to know which account I'm using at any moment and know that the messages I compose are definitely going to be sent from that account.  Based on what I can see as far as settings go, I suspect that even if you're using the linked inbox what will happen for replies is that the account associated with that message will be used.  I honestly have no idea what will happen if you hit the "New Mail" button from the linked inbox.  My gut tells me that it will use the account of whatever message happens to have focus at that moment since there doesn't appear to be any "default account" setting that I can find.

--
Brian

         ~ William James

[...]

Mark Furness

learning windows mail I need to find out how to pick which email account to send messages from.

Thank you for your help!

Mark F