From: Jim Rawls [mailto:jazzpiano@ca.rr.com]
Sent: Saturday, Aug 18, 2018 10:40 AM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: my computer keeps changing volumes.

Hi all, is this a jaws issue? My volume on my computer will go up slightly
and then go down below what I have it set for. I am running windows ten and
jaws 2018. Jim

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Jim. Does your volume go up and down only while JAWS is speaking, or is it when in a background program such as Skype, or while a game is running?

If it is the latter, you need to go into your Sounds settings, TAB to the Communications tab, and set it to “Do Nothing”.

Otherwise, if you are in another program, the volume of JAWS will be reduced substantially.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hi all, is this a jaws issue? My volume on my computer will go up slightly and then go down below what I have it set for. I am running windows ten and jaws 2018. Jim

Jim Rawls

Just while jaws is speaking. I have that box unchecked in the  startup wizard unchecked that would lower the volume.

Hi all, is this a jaws issue? My volume on my computer will go up slightly and then go down below what I have it set for. I am running windows ten and jaws 2018. Jim

Ed Legge <edward.legge@...>

I rebooted and it seemed to fix the issue, at least for now.

Hi, Jim. Does your volume go up and down only while JAWS is speaking, or is it when in a background program such as Skype, or while a game is running?

If it is the latter, you need to go into your Sounds settings, TAB to the Communications tab, and set it to “Do Nothing”.

Otherwise, if you are in another program, the volume of JAWS will be reduced substantially.

Hi all, is this a jaws issue? My volume on my computer will go up slightly and then go down below what I have it set for. I am running windows ten and jaws 2018. Jim

Ed Legge <edward.legge@...>

I am running the same software and have been haing the same problem for the
last couple of days.

Hi all, is this a jaws issue? My volume on my computer will go up slightly
and then go down below what I have it set for. I am running windows ten and
jaws 2018. Jim

Ashleigh Piccinino

Have you tried running a repair on jaws? If not and if that doesn’t help contact VFO. They might be able to help.

I am running the same software and have been haing the same problem for the
last couple of days.

Hi all, is this a jaws issue? My volume on my computer will go up slightly
and then go down below what I have it set for. I am running windows ten and
jaws 2018. Jim

Larry Marcotte

I had a varying volume problem a few times ago. It was the loose connection to the wolver speaker.