Seeking phone editor that works well with JAWS

Craig Cooper

Greetings,
I am trying to find the most efficient phone editing program to work
with JAWS. As part of my job at a radio station, I record calls that
come in, edit them for playback, and play back the call on air. I
have been working with Audacity for a week or so. It is free and
works fairly well with JAWS, but it also tends to crash frequently.
It is not hard to re-launch it, but it does take precious time, as I
frequently have to quickly edit a call for play back.
Your suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Craig

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

Have you tried GoldWave?
It has Jaws scripts that are available on the Jaws public script site, which I'd have to search for again, but GoldWave can be completely driven from the keyboard. www.goldwave.com
It is about $50 for a registered copied that has no limits, but you can try it for free. That is a one time charge. I bought it over 10 years ago and even though he has made major updates, he has never asked for any more money.
Richard

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett

[Sent from my little hand-held computer]

On Aug 17, 2018, at 5:06 AM, Craig Cooper <craigcooper2013@...> wrote:

Greetings,
I am trying to find the most efficient phone editing program to work
with JAWS.  As part of my job at a radio station, I record calls that
come in, edit them for playback, and play back the call on air.  I
have been working with Audacity for a week or so.  It is free and
works fairly well with JAWS, but it also tends to crash frequently.
It is not hard to re-launch it, but it does take precious time, as I
frequently have to quickly edit a call for play back.
Your suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Craig

Dan Longmore

 Make sure all visual and metering effects are turned off. These can cause screen readers fits. Gold wave is a good choice, audacity should work however check on these settings.

I am trying to find the most efficient phone editing program to work
with JAWS.  As part of my job at a radio station, I record calls that
come in, edit them for playback, and play back the call on air.  I
have been working with Audacity for a week or so.  It is free and
works fairly well with JAWS, but it also tends to crash frequently.
It is not hard to re-launch it, but it does take precious time, as I
frequently have to quickly edit a call for play back.
Your suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Craig

Steve Matzura

Phone editor?Don't you mean just a plain old waveform / audio file editor? Have you tried Gold Wave?

On 8/16/2018 7:13 PM, Craig Cooper wrote:
Greetings,
I am trying to find the most efficient phone editing program to work
with JAWS. As part of my job at a radio station, I record calls that
come in, edit them for playback, and play back the call on air. I
have been working with Audacity for a week or so. It is free and
works fairly well with JAWS, but it also tends to crash frequently.
It is not hard to re-launch it, but it does take precious time, as I
frequently have to quickly edit a call for play back.
Your suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Craig

Craig Cooper

Thank you for all of the posts. I will download and begin learning
how to use GoldWave.

On 8/17/18, Steve Matzura <number6@noisynotes.com> wrote:
Phone editor?Don't you mean just a plain old waveform / audio file
editor? Have you tried Gold Wave?

On 8/16/2018 7:13 PM, Craig Cooper wrote:
Greetings,
I am trying to find the most efficient phone editing program to work
with JAWS. As part of my job at a radio station, I record calls that
come in, edit them for playback, and play back the call on air. I
have been working with Audacity for a week or so. It is free and
works fairly well with JAWS, but it also tends to crash frequently.
It is not hard to re-launch it, but it does take precious time, as I
frequently have to quickly edit a call for play back.
Your suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Craig

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>

write me off list

[...]

After playing with the program a bit, the main obstacle I am facing is
figuring out how to set marks, to delete unwanted audio. What is the
key command to lay down marks at the start and end of audio that I
want to delete?
Thank you very much.
Craig

write me off list
[...]

John Covici

left bracket at the start and right bracket at the end. You might
want to read the manual, particularly the appendix containing the
keyboard shortcuts.

On Wed, 22 Aug 2018 18:54:53 -0400,
Craig Cooper wrote:

[...]

How do