From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Pearson
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 8:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: chrome switch from I.E.

Hello list:

Thinking about switching from I.E. to "chrome as default browser.

Currently, I use a "hot", or shortcut key sequence consisting of alt+
Cntrl+"I to open I.E in "auto forms mode". How do I ensure that this key
sequence results exactly the same when I make switch to "Chrome browser?

Using Dell desktop with 64 bitWindows7, and latest version Jaws.

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson

David Pearson

Hello Sieghard:

Think that I understand, or "light dawns on marble head" as my father used to say.

Next question please: What is the exact procedure for creating the shortcut? Will probably want to start with the alt + Cntrl sequence, but don't think that I'll use letter "c" as I'm using a one hand(can't use left one) keyboard, and typing that
letter requires use of the spacebar which I'd like to avoid if possible.

Most sincerely,

David S. Pearson

If you have a Chrome shortcut on your desktop you can go into the shortcut properties and assign whatever shortcut you want, e.g. Alt+Control+C or Alt+Control+G etc. There might be a time when you want to fall back on IE so I wold leave your IE shortcut alone and make a new one for Chrome.
Auto forms mode is a Jaws setting and has nothing to do with the shortcut key you use to open your browser unless you are talking about something else and I am completely misunderstanding your question.

Best regards,
Sieghard

Thinking about switching from I.E. to "chrome as default browser.

Currently, I use a "hot", or shortcut key sequence consisting of alt+
Cntrl+"I to open I.E in "auto forms mode". How do I ensure that this key
sequence results exactly the same when I make switch to "Chrome browser?

Using Dell desktop with 64 bitWindows7, and latest version Jaws.

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson

Joe DiNero

Good Morning,

To create a keyboard shortcut do the following

1 - Go to the desktop and bring focus to the Chrome icon
2 - Hit your application key or shift F10 and arrow up to properties
and hit enter
3 - Tab to the shortcut key and choose the shortcut you want to
use.
4 - If you want to change what type of window opens ie normal,
maximized or minimized you would tab once more to make the appropriate
change
5 - Shift tab to Apply and hit enter
6 - Shift tab to ok and you should be good to go
Hope this helps.

Joe

Thinking about switching from I.E. to "chrome as default browser.

Currently, I use a "hot", or shortcut key sequence consisting of alt+
Cntrl+"I to open I.E in "auto forms mode". How do I ensure that this
Cntrl+key
sequence results exactly the same when I make switch to "Chrome browser?

Using Dell desktop with 64 bitWindows7, and latest version Jaws.

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson

David Pearson

Guten tag Sieghard:

Thank you for this detailed info about creating keyboard "shortcuts".

Best wishes,

David S. Pearson

Thinking about switching from I.E. to "chrome as default browser.

Currently, I use a "hot", or shortcut key sequence consisting of alt+
Cntrl+"I to open I.E in "auto forms mode". How do I ensure that this
Cntrl+key
sequence results exactly the same when I make switch to "Chrome browser?

Using Dell desktop with 64 bitWindows7, and latest version Jaws.

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson

David Pearson

Hello JD:

Guess I was confused about who sent which information, so thanks to you as well.

Think that I'll try the key press sequence of: alt+ Cntrl+ "H"for chrome as this sequence avoids having
to use my spacebar.

Now I just need instructions on how to ensure that when I bring up chrome via the shortcut it will place me in "auto forms mode" allowing input of text.

Thanks again,

David S. Pearson to

Thank you for this detailed info about creating keyboard "shortcuts".

Best wishes,

David S. Pearson

Thinking about switching from I.E. to "chrome as default browser.

Currently, I use a "hot", or shortcut key sequence consisting of alt+
Cntrl+"I to open I.E in "auto forms mode". How do I ensure that this
Cntrl+key
sequence results exactly the same when I make switch to "Chrome browser?

Using Dell desktop with 64 bitWindows7, and latest version Jaws.

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson

Dave...

Auto Forms mode is based on JAWS. When Chrome is up and running, then open
the JAWS settings center and set Auto Forms mode to on.

Dave