found 2 versions of Jaws installed on pc

David Pearson

Howdy:

As the subject states: Have found both Jaws v18.0, and 2018(latest updates) installed on my desktop pc.

Is there any benefit to removing the older(18) version, and if yes, is delete, or uninstall the prefereable method to do this?

Truly yours,

David S. Pearson

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, David. I still have both JAWS 18 and 2018 installed on my computer. I
see no benefit from uninstalling JAWS 18 at this time. Next year, if and
when JAWS 2019 comes out, I will probably uninstall JAWS 18.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

As the subject states: Have found both Jaws v18.0, and 2018(latest
updates) installed on my desktop pc.

Is there any benefit to removing the older(18) version, and if yes, is
delete, or uninstall the prefereable method to do this?

Truly yours,

David S. Pearson

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi David,

Like Bill I keep multiple versions of Jaws on all our computers.  With both our Windows 7 & 10 computers I keep Jaws 16 thru J2018 installed.  You never know when you will run into something where an older or newer version will give you better results.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.

As the subject states:  Have  found both Jaws v18.0, and 2018(latest
updates) installed on my desktop pc.

Is there any benefit to removing the older(18) version, and if yes, is
delete, or uninstall the prefereable method to do this?

Truly yours,

David S. Pearson

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi again, David. Did you ever wonder why, when you install most programs,
the new installation writes over the old version, but not with JAWS?

As Mike said, there are often times where an older version of JAWS works
better with a certain application than the newest version. Therefore, I keep
two versions of JAWS on my computers. I can usually tell by the time I have
had JAWS for a year if the applications I use with it work well. Until I
familiarize myself with the behavior of the newest version of JAWS, I don't
throw out the old one.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

As the subject states: Have found both Jaws v18.0, and 2018(latest
updates) installed on my desktop pc.

Is there any benefit to removing the older(18) version, and if yes, is
delete, or uninstall the prefereable method to do this?

Truly yours,

David S. Pearson

Pat Byrne

I tend to keep two versions on my desktop - hs never caused a problem and sometimes the second JAWS treats a situation better than the first.