Topics

Office 2016 and Jaws.

Nino Dagostino

Hello:

I have been having trouble with my office 2016 and word program.

When I try to find text in word word will not find the text.

My tutor can find the text when she tries it using Teamviewer.

I tried to find the template normal.dot so I could renaime itto try to get
word to start fresh.

When I try to search for the template it won't find the template on my
computer it wants to go to the web.

To search I am pressing the windows key and letting up on it and then type
normal.dot can't find it on my computer because the search wants to go out
to the web.

Any help would be appreciated.

Don H

maybe do the search in file explorer

On 8/7/2018 12:01 PM, Nino Dagostino wrote:
Hello:
I have been having trouble with my office 2016 and word program.
When I try to find text in word word will not find the text.
My tutor can find the text when she tries it using Teamviewer.
I tried to find the template normal.dot so I could renaime itto try to get
word to start fresh.
When I try to search for the template it won't find the template on my
computer it wants to go to the web.
To search I am pressing the windows key and letting up on it and then type
normal.dot can't find it on my computer because the search wants to go out
to the web.
Any help would be appreciated.

Bill White

Hi, Nino. Your Normal template should be in the following location:

C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates

where

username is the actual name of you as the user on your computer. The quotes
are mine, and are not included in the path.

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

I have been having trouble with my office 2016 and word program.

When I try to find text in word word will not find the text.

My tutor can find the text when she tries it using Teamviewer.

I tried to find the template normal.dot so I could renaime itto try to get
word to start fresh.

When I try to search for the template it won't find the template on my
computer it wants to go to the web.

To search I am pressing the windows key and letting up on it and then type
normal.dot can't find it on my computer because the search wants to go out
to the web.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nino Dagostino

Hi Bill good to here from you.

Thanks for your help.

I have been having trouble with my office 2016 and word program.

When I try to find text in word word will not find the text.

My tutor can find the text when she tries it using Teamviewer.

I tried to find the template normal.dot so I could renaime itto try to get
word to start fresh.

When I try to search for the template it won't find the template on my
computer it wants to go to the web.

To search I am pressing the windows key and letting up on it and then type
normal.dot can't find it on my computer because the search wants to go out
to the web.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nino Dagostino

Thanks a lot I did.

Have a good day.

On 8/7/2018 12:01 PM, Nino Dagostino wrote:

Hello:

I have been having trouble with my office 2016 and word program.

When I try to find text in word word will not find the text.

My tutor can find the text when she tries it using Teamviewer.

I tried to find the template normal.dot so I could renaime itto try to
get word to start fresh.

When I try to search for the template it won't find the template on my
computer it wants to go to the web.

To search I am pressing the windows key and letting up on it and then
type normal.dot can't find it on my computer because the search wants
to go out to the web.

Any help would be appreciated.

david

hello;
if your looking for normal.dot, you won't find it no matter how hard/long you look.
you should be looking for,
Normal.dotm

what makes you think you need to repair?
how are you doing the search?
if you really need to find the Normal.dotm,
you find this file,
"C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates"

The impossible is the untried, Never under estimate the power of a dream.

On 8/7/2018 12:01 PM, Nino Dagostino wrote:

Hello:

I have been having trouble with my office 2016 and word program.

When I try to find text in word word will not find the text.

My tutor can find the text when she tries it using Teamviewer.

I tried to find the template normal.dot so I could renaime itto try to
get word to start fresh.

When I try to search for the template it won't find the template on my
computer it wants to go to the web.

To search I am pressing the windows key and letting up on it and then
type normal.dot can't find it on my computer because the search wants
to go out to the web.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bill White

Hi again, Nino. The file you are looking for will be named

normal.dotm

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

I have been having trouble with my office 2016 and word program.

When I try to find text in word word will not find the text.

My tutor can find the text when she tries it using Teamviewer.

I tried to find the template normal.dot so I could renaime itto try to get
word to start fresh.

When I try to search for the template it won't find the template on my
computer it wants to go to the web.

To search I am pressing the windows key and letting up on it and then type
normal.dot can't find it on my computer because the search wants to go out
to the web.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nino Dagostino

Thanks Bill have a good day.

I have been having trouble with my office 2016 and word program.

When I try to find text in word word will not find the text.

My tutor can find the text when she tries it using Teamviewer.

I tried to find the template normal.dot so I could renaime itto try to get
word to start fresh.

When I try to search for the template it won't find the template on my
computer it wants to go to the web.

To search I am pressing the windows key and letting up on it and then type
normal.dot can't find it on my computer because the search wants to go out
to the web.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob Hicks

OK, we can find the "normal.dotm" file, how do we restore it to its original
state?

Have a great day, 73

Bob Hicks, KC8CR

I have been having trouble with my office 2016 and word program.

When I try to find text in word word will not find the text.

My tutor can find the text when she tries it using Teamviewer.

I tried to find the template normal.dot so I could renaime itto try to get
word to start fresh.

When I try to search for the template it won't find the template on my
computer it wants to go to the web.

To search I am pressing the windows key and letting up on it and then type
normal.dot can't find it on my computer because the search wants to go out
to the web.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bill White

Hi, Bob. All you do is delete normal.dotm. When you start Microsoft Word
again, a new, fresh copy of normal.dotm is created.

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

I have been having trouble with my office 2016 and word program.

When I try to find text in word word will not find the text.

My tutor can find the text when she tries it using Teamviewer.

I tried to find the template normal.dot so I could renaime itto try to get
word to start fresh.

When I try to search for the template it won't find the template on my
computer it wants to go to the web.

To search I am pressing the windows key and letting up on it and then type
normal.dot can't find it on my computer because the search wants to go out
to the web.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob Hicks

thanks