From: Ann Byrne
Sent: 02 August 2018 20:47
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: rotating the screen?

What are the keystrokes for rotating the screen from 90

degrees?  It's driving the boss crazy!

Thanks,

ratshtron

you should be able to place the screen upright with ctrl+alt+uparrow.
I believe.

Legend has it that on Thursday 8/2/2018 02:45 PM, Ann Byrne said:
What are the keystrokes for rotating the screen from 90 degrees? It's driving the boss crazy!
Thanks,

Ann Byrne

When I press ctrl+alt+up arrow, JAWS says "not in a table", and Narrator says nothing at all.

At 03:50 PM 8/2/2018, you wrote:
you should be able to place the screen upright with ctrl+alt+uparrow.
I believe.

Legend has it that on Thursday 8/2/2018 02:45 PM, Ann Byrne said:
What are the keystrokes for rotating the screen from 90 degrees? It's driving the boss crazy!
Thanks,

john.falter

When I do that, I get the message from JAWS "not in a table".

On 8/2/2018 4:50 PM, ratshtron wrote:
you should be able to place the screen upright with ctrl+alt+uparrow.
�I believe.

Legend has it that on Thursday 8/2/2018 02:45 PM, Ann Byrne said:
What are the keystrokes for rotating the screen from 90 degrees?� It's driving the boss crazy!
Thanks,

ratshtron

in jaws, you need to press insert plus numrow 3 so the next keystroke is past through to the operating system.
I don't believe anythng is mentioned when the keystroke is preformed. it simply rotates the screen. ctrl+alt+uparrow will set the screen upright where down arrow will will turn it upside down.

At 03:50 PM 8/2/2018, you wrote:
you should be able to place the screen upright with ctrl+alt+uparrow.
I believe.

Legend has it that on Thursday 8/2/2018 02:45 PM, Ann Byrne said:
What are the keystrokes for rotating the screen from 90 degrees? It's driving the boss crazy!
Thanks,

Ann,

          My laptop won't rotate the screen with CTRL+ALT+Up Arrow on an HP that has an AMD processor and graphics.  My guess is you'll get the result you want most easily by using the Settings, System, Display Pane, Orientation Dropdown box.

           Also see:   https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-create-keyboard-shortcut-to-rotate-screen-in-windows-10/
and http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/13/windows-10/how-to-rotate-computer-screen-in-windows-10.html
and https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/fix-sideways-screen-computer

which cover shortcut keys and the method I mention in addition to some other information.

          ~ Dorothy Nevill