From: kevin meyers
Sent: 01 August 2018 18:47
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: ABSunset has stopped working

Hello, I got the message stating ABSunset has stopped working. Does anyone know what this app does?

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

kevin meyers

I looked on the internet to see how to remove it. Windows defender couldn’t do anything with it. The information on the web says to download SpyHunter. Does anyone know of SpyHunter? Should windows defender be able to handle this virus?

Kevin Meyers

Hello, I got the message stating ABSunset has stopped working. Does anyone know what this app does?

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

Gerald Levy

Have you tried removing this virus using the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool (MRT)?  To run MRT, type “MRT” into the Run dialog (Windows key-R).

Gerald

Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 2:44 PM

I looked on the internet to see how to remove it. Windows defender couldn’t do anything with it. The information on the web says to download SpyHunter. Does anyone know of SpyHunter? Should windows defender be able to handle this virus?

Kevin Meyers

Hello, I got the message stating ABSunset has stopped working. Does anyone know what this app does?

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

kevin meyers

I used MRT and it came back saying there were no threats found. I turned off my laptop and turned it back on. The ABSunset virus still exists. Now what?

Kevin Meyers

Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 2:44 PM

I looked on the internet to see how to remove it. Windows defender couldn’t do anything with it. The information on the web says to download SpyHunter. Does anyone know of SpyHunter? Should windows defender be able to handle this virus?

Kevin Meyers

Hello, I got the message stating ABSunset has stopped working. Does anyone know what this app does?

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

Mario

did you choose to do a full scan? a quick scan may not detect it if it's
a relatively new virus.

Hello, I got the message stating ABSunset has stopped working. Does
anyone know what this app does?

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

Bill White

Hi, Kevin. This is a tricky infection to eradicate. My suggestion is to call the Microsoft Answer desk.

800-936-5900

They have a lot of tools, and can look on their knowledge base to see the best way to remove the ABSunset virus. The problem you’re going to have is that you may need to start your computer in safe mode. During this time in safe mode, the Microsoft tech will not be able to connect with, and control your computer.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 2:44 PM

I looked on the internet to see how to remove it. Windows defender couldn’t do anything with it. The information on the web says to download SpyHunter. Does anyone know of SpyHunter? Should windows defender be able to handle this virus?

Kevin Meyers

Hello, I got the message stating ABSunset has stopped working. Does anyone know what this app does?

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

kevin meyers

Bill, Thanks for the info. I will see if a friend can come over to help.

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 2:44 PM

I looked on the internet to see how to remove it. Windows defender couldn’t do anything with it. The information on the web says to download SpyHunter. Does anyone know of SpyHunter? Should windows defender be able to handle this virus?

Kevin Meyers

Hello, I got the message stating ABSunset has stopped working. Does anyone know what this app does?

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

Jonas Voll

If you have a virus, if it was me I will just reinstall your OS!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

I used MRT and it came back saying there were no threats found. I turned off my laptop and turned it back on. The ABSunset virus still exists. Now what?

Kevin Meyers

Have you tried removing this virus using the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool (MRT)?  To run MRT, type “MRT” into the Run dialog (Windows key-R).

Gerald

I looked on the internet to see how to remove it. Windows defender couldn’t do anything with it. The information on the web says to download SpyHunter. Does anyone know of SpyHunter? Should windows defender be able to handle this virus?

Kevin Meyers

Hello, I got the message stating ABSunset has stopped working. Does anyone know what this app does?

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

and
'spam@...'

kevin meyers

Bill, How quickly should I get this virus removed? If I cannot find someone with sight to help, should I leave my laptop off until I can find someone?

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 2:44 PM

I looked on the internet to see how to remove it. Windows defender couldn’t do anything with it. The information on the web says to download SpyHunter. Does anyone know of SpyHunter? Should windows defender be able to handle this virus?

Kevin Meyers

Hello, I got the message stating ABSunset has stopped working. Does anyone know what this app does?

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

Bill White

It just opens back doors that allow other viruses to enter your computer. It also said that it cripples some functions in Windows. You should be good for a day or two, but I wouldn’t let it hang around very long.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 2:44 PM

I looked on the internet to see how to remove it. Windows defender couldn’t do anything with it. The information on the web says to download SpyHunter. Does anyone know of SpyHunter? Should windows defender be able to handle this virus?

Kevin Meyers

Hello, I got the message stating ABSunset has stopped working. Does anyone know what this app does?

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

kevin meyers

Worked with Microsoft Accessibility. It came down to deleting Acer portal. I now have to call Acer to find out what Acer Portal does. Right now the ABSunset no longer shows.

Kevin Meyers

Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 2:44 PM

I looked on the internet to see how to remove it. Windows defender couldn’t do anything with it. The information on the web says to download SpyHunter. Does anyone know of SpyHunter? Should windows defender be able to handle this virus?

Kevin Meyers

Hello, I got the message stating ABSunset has stopped working. Does anyone know what this app does?

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

Bill White

Hi again, Kevin.

The Acer Portal software is used to sign in and out of the Acer BYOC Apps, and manage all devices tied to your Acer ID. To set up your personal cloud service,

you will need at least one PC and one mobile device with Acer Portal installed.Jun 27, 2017

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 2:44 PM

I looked on the internet to see how to remove it. Windows defender couldn’t do anything with it. The information on the web says to download SpyHunter. Does anyone know of SpyHunter? Should windows defender be able to handle this virus?

Kevin Meyers

Hello, I got the message stating ABSunset has stopped working. Does anyone know what this app does?

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

Chris

It seems highly unlikely that defender didn’t detect the virus

It must have been allowed through, check your virus history

And it does look like you may have to use 3rd party software to rid you of this particularly nasty virus

Sorry

I looked on the internet to see how to remove it. Windows defender couldn’t do anything with it. The information on the web says to download SpyHunter. Does anyone know of SpyHunter? Should windows defender be able to handle this virus?

Kevin Meyers

Hello, I got the message stating ABSunset has stopped working. Does anyone know what this app does?

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

Chris

Acer portal is not required, you don’t need it

It hasn’t been updated for years now and they no longer support or update the software

Just uninstall acer portal if its causing problems

Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 2:44 PM

I looked on the internet to see how to remove it. Windows defender couldn’t do anything with it. The information on the web says to download SpyHunter. Does anyone know of SpyHunter? Should windows defender be able to handle this virus?

Kevin Meyers

Hello, I got the message stating ABSunset has stopped working. Does anyone know what this app does?

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

Jonas Voll

Turn off your network connection or unplug your cable!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

[...]

Dave Durber

Jonas:

Reinstalling an operating system, should be the last thing to be considered, given the amount of time it takes to reinstal the operating system, downloading and installing all the updates, installing all the software and setting everything the way you would like it. Much better to find a way to get rid of the infection. Another solution, is to make regular backups of the system, with programs such as Image for Windows.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber