From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Mauck
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 12:25 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io; JAWS Private Beta Group <JAWSBETA@...>
Subject: Severe JAWS stuttering

Sorry for the cross post. I’ve not seen any one on either list state this as an issue, however, there are two of us here that are having the same problem. The JAWS stutter gets so bad that you can’t complete any task. The speech will get so bad that you think that JAWS has just crashed. It also obviously affects scanning messages, documents and even just reading items off of your desktop.

Both of us also have Lenovo laptops and I’m not ruling that out either. The interesting thing is that I disconnected my Braille display and it has gotten much better, however, that’s not the kind of fix I want. I’m really interested in any feedback I can get to resolve this. We are moth using the latest JaWS2018, but I’ve seen this happening for a while and just thought it was my Laptop. We are using Windows10 and we both tried different versions of JAWS going back to JAWS16 and till have this problem.

Dan Longmore

Hi,

  I use a Dell laptop and don’t have this issue .  However I have found that Dell and HP are famous for having lots of proprittary software installed and running in background. Lots of this also starts with Windows.  Not saying this cause but look at your start up programs and examine how many Dell programs are running.  Some of these, especially at start up, can conflict with JAWS and cause stuttering.  I have worked to uninstall only those that I deem essential which are  very few.   Also, if a program does not need to run at start up I eliminate from start up sequence.  Hope this helps , I know from experience, these kinds of issues are hard to find and annoying. Dan

I’m having the same issues on a Dell laptop with Windows 10 and Jaws 18.  Please let me know if you find out what the issue is …… Windows 10 or Jaws.

Laura

[...]

Don Mauck

Do you have a Braille display? If so, try disconnecting it and run for a while. I’m keep track of this.