From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of David
Pearson
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 4:00 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Java update question

Greetings all:

Jaws keeps telling me that a new version of "Java" is ready to be installed,

and to do this "click here" which I obviously can't see. When this
notification is announced again what is the best method to locate the "here"

button to commence the download/install?

Sincerely yours,

David S. Pearson

Richard B. McDonald

I too get a Java update notification. But, I have been reluctant to do it
because I do not know how it will handle the Java Access Bridge. Does
anyone know if the update will properly update the JAB? I use Windows 7 Pro
64 bit under JAWS 15.

Thanks,
Richard

When Java is ready to update I find it in the "System Tray." Press JAWS-key
+ F11 and arrow up and down. Hopefully you will find it there.

Debby

Jaws keeps telling me that a new version of "Java" is ready to be installed,

and to do this "click here" which I obviously can't see. When this
notification is announced again what is the best method to locate the "here"

button to commence the download/install?

Sincerely yours,

David S. Pearson

Bill White

You don't need Access Bridge to use some of the functions of Java. I have to
have Java enabled to use my Bank of America site, but I don't need to use
Access Bridge with it.

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

When Java is ready to update I find it in the "System Tray." Press JAWS-key
+ F11 and arrow up and down. Hopefully you will find it there.

Debby

Jaws keeps telling me that a new version of "Java" is ready to be installed,

and to do this "click here" which I obviously can't see. When this
notification is announced again what is the best method to locate the "here"

button to commence the download/install?

Sincerely yours,

David S. Pearson

Ashleigh Piccinino

Hello,

     After you’ve found the update, I think you tab to “left single-click” and press enter on it. At least, that’s how I’ve done this before.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

When Java is ready to update I find it in the "System Tray." Press JAWS-key
+ F11 and arrow up and down. Hopefully you will find it there.

Debby

Jaws keeps telling me that a new version of "Java" is ready to be installed,

and to do this "click here" which I  obviously can't see.  When this
notification is announced again what is the best method to locate the "here"

button to commence the download/install?

Sincerely yours,

David S. Pearson

Dave Durber

Hello Richard:

Go to:

http://www.ninite.com

Press CTRL+F, in the search edit field, type "java" (without the quotes), press the SPACE BAR, to check the check box, then press the letter B, to take you to the button which will download the checked file. Please note, the button is unavailable if no check box is checked.

I use the executeable file from Ninite to update Java on all our systems. I am pretty certain that all the downloaders from ninite.com exclude any bloatware, such as additional tool bars and third party software.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

When Java is ready to update I find it in the "System Tray." Press JAWS-key
+ F11 and arrow up and down. Hopefully you will find it there.

Debby

Jaws keeps telling me that a new version of "Java" is ready to be installed,

and to do this "click here" which I obviously can't see. When this
notification is announced again what is the best method to locate the "here"

button to commence the download/install?

Sincerely yours,

David S. Pearson

Steve Matzura

Accept the update. The JAB is no longer a part of the screenreader. It's built in to Java itself nowadays. If you installed it when you first installed Java and it needs updating, it will do it. I have heard nothing bad about Java since version 7, although I still can't get it to do anything useful on my own systems, but that's probably more a Steve Matzura problem than anything else. (smile).

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard B. McDonald" <richardbmcdonald@...>

When Java is ready to update I find it in the "System Tray." Press JAWS-key
+ F11 and arrow up and down. Hopefully you will find it there.

Debby

Jaws keeps telling me that a new version of "Java" is ready to be installed,

and to do this "click here" which I  obviously can't see.  When this
notification is announced again what is the best method to locate the "here"

button to commence the download/install?

Sincerely yours,

David S. Pearson

Richard B. McDonald

Oh, your below is interesting. Well, about your comment "The JAB is no longer a part of the screenreader. It's built in to Java itself nowadays." Is this true for a system running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and JAWS 15, like mine?

[...]

If you are running Windows 7 and you have installed JAVA, and you want to check if Java Access Bridge is checked or not, Do the following:

press WINDOWS KEY+U, to open the "Ease of Access Center".

Tap the TAB key, until you get to "Use the computer without a display". JAWS will tell you that it is a link. Press ENTER, to open it.

Press SHIFT+TAB, until you get to "Enable Java Access Bridge, JAWS will tell you the state of the check box that is associated with this item. If Java is installed, by default, the check box is unchecked. Press the SPACE BAR, to check the check box, to activate Java Access Bridge.

Tab to the "Apply" button and tap the SPACE BAR, to activate it.

Press SHIFT+TAB, until you get to the OK button. Press the ENTER key or the SPACE BAR, TO ACTIVATE IT.

Press ALT+F4, to close the "Ease of Access Center".

HTH

Sincerely:

Dave Durber