From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pat Byrne
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2018 5:48 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Firefox and JFW 15

i need to tap the group wisdom.
I'm helping a person get a replacement computer configured. He has
to stay with JFW 15 and is used to Firefox. The version I downloaded
today told me I needed to update my screen reader. What version and
I looking for, please?
Appreciate the assistance.
Pat Byrne

Marianne Denning

If here he is running windows 10 on the computer he must also have jaws 16 at the minimum.

On Jul 28, 2018, at 8:48 PM, Pat Byrne <k9jau@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

i need to tap the group wisdom.
I'm helping a person get a replacement computer configured. He has to stay with JFW 15 and is used to Firefox. The version I downloaded today told me I needed to update my screen reader. What version and I looking for, please?
Appreciate the assistance.
Pat Byrne

Pat Byrne

Sorry, I should have included that this is WIN 64 bit.
PatAt 09:14 PM 7/28/2018, you wrote:

If here he is running windows 10 on the computer he must also have jaws 16 at the minimum.
On Jul 28, 2018, at 8:48 PM, Pat Byrne <k9jau@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

i need to tap the group wisdom.
I'm helping a person get a replacement computer configured. He
has to stay with JFW 15 and is used to Firefox. The version I downloaded today told me I needed to update my screen reader. What version and I looking for, please?
Appreciate the assistance.
Pat Byrne

Marianne Denning

There is a 64 bit version of jaws 16.

On Jul 28, 2018, at 11:16 PM, Pat Byrne <k9jau@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Sorry, I should have included that this is WIN 64 bit.
PatAt 09:14 PM 7/28/2018, you wrote:
If here he is running windows 10 on the computer he must also have jaws 16 at the minimum.
On Jul 28, 2018, at 8:48 PM, Pat Byrne <k9jau@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

i need to tap the group wisdom.
I'm helping a person get a replacement computer configured. He has to stay with JFW 15 and is used to Firefox. The version I downloaded today told me I needed to update my screen reader. What version and I looking for, please?
Appreciate the assistance.
Pat Byrne

If it is indeed Windows 10 and the latest 1803 update I don't think Jaws 16 supports this any more at least not very well.

Sorry, I should have included that this is WIN 64 bit.
PatAt 09:14 PM 7/28/2018, you wrote:
If here he is running windows 10 on the computer he must also have jaws 16 at the minimum.
On Jul 28, 2018, at 8:48 PM, Pat Byrne <k9jau@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

i need to tap the group wisdom.
I'm helping a person get a replacement computer configured. He has to stay with JFW 15 and is used to Firefox. The version I downloaded today told me I needed to update my screen reader. What version and I looking for, please?
Appreciate the assistance.
Pat Byrne

Richard Turner

If the person is truly sticking to Jaws 15, he probably also needs to stick with Windows 7, if that is even possible.
Perhaps he needs to call VFO and see if he can update for less than an arm and a leg.
Even if Jaws 16 kind of works, it is not going to provide a very good experience.
Just my two cents,
Richard

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain