From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Pearson
Sent: July 28, 2018 1:19 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws question

Hello all:

Recently, I've noticed Jaws saying "search Modes" whenever I do an Internet
search for something. This announcement is fairly new, and I don't remember
hearing this phrase announced before.

Has some setting been inadvertently changed(either Jaws, or pc), and if
yes, is it OK to leave this alone?

Sincerely yours,

David S. Pearson

James Homuth

I assume you're using Google when you see this? I suspect Google changed
something in its page layout. It's not a JAWS or PC thing. In fact, when I
see it, it's just another heading among a few Google has. In my case, it
also separates out the web search results from videos now.

Recently, I've noticed Jaws saying "search Modes" whenever I do an Internet
search for something. This announcement is fairly new, and I don't remember
hearing this phrase announced before.

Has some setting been inadvertently changed(either Jaws, or pc), and if
yes, is it OK to leave this alone?

Sincerely yours,

David S. Pearson

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, David. It's just Google giving you more choices. By default, Google
searches in "All" categories. If you choose one of the links below "All" it
will narrow the search to only search within the selected categories.

The categories include:

heading level 1 Search Modes
All
Link News
Link Shopping
Link Videos
Link Books
More

Under the "More" menu is included:

Maps
Images
Finance
Flights

To select the "More" menu, you must press the Space Bar on the "More"
button.

You won't find these Search modes headers on other Internet search
providers, and you will only find these Google headers once your search has
been completed, not before you input your search.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Recently, I've noticed Jaws saying "search Modes" whenever I do an Internet
search for something. This announcement is fairly new, and I don't remember

hearing this phrase announced before.

Has some setting been inadvertently changed(either Jaws, or pc), and if
yes, is it OK to leave this alone?

Sincerely yours,

David S. Pearson

David Moore

Thanks a lot, Bill!

I was wondering why I was seeing all of these categories all of a sudden.

I figured something had changed with the Google Search engine!

I always use Google LOLL!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Recently, I've noticed Jaws saying "search Modes" whenever I do an Internet

search for something.  This announcement is fairly new, and I don't remember

hearing this phrase announced before.

Has some setting been inadvertently  changed(either Jaws, or pc), and if

yes, is it OK to leave this alone?

Sincerely yours,

David S. Pearson

As others pointed out, Google has made it easier to narrow your search, the "Search Modes" has "All" selected by default, but here you can narrow your search down to images, maps, news or shopping,
You can still use the headings quick nav key "h" to find the beginning of the search results and go from result to result with heading level 3.