Topics

Editing cells in Excel 2016

Alan Robbins

Using Win 1803 and latest Jaws 2018 I run into a strange situation when trying to edit cell contents in excel within MS Office 2016

Whether the cell contains text or a formula, some cells can be edited by dressing F2 and then arrowing back and forth making necessary corrections. However, other cells doing the same only reads the entire cell contents when arrowing either way. No pattern or consistency to this behavior. Have others experienced this too? Any work arounds?

Best,

Al

Pele West <pele.westlists@...>

Hi

I have also had this problem with Excel 2010 using JAWS, Window-Eyes and
NVDA. Sometimes maximising the window helps.

Pele West

Alan Robbins

Pele,
Thanks for the suggestion. I always try this when issues arise, but
unfortunately, in this case it does not help.

Al

I have also had this problem with Excel 2010 using JAWS, Window-Eyes and
NVDA. Sometimes maximising the window helps.

Pele West

Pele West <pele.westlists@...>

Hi Al

It does not surprise me that maximising the window did not solve the Excel editing problem. I would be interested if anyone comes up with a satisfactory solution. I am sure Excel did not used to behave like this.

Pele

Alan Robbins

Pele,

Well the only work around I've found is to copy the cell, paste it into
notepad, make the desired changes, then copy and paste back into excel. A
lot of work, but doable

Al

It does not surprise me that maximising the window did not solve the Excel
editing problem. I would be interested if anyone comes up with a
satisfactory solution. I am sure Excel did not used to behave like this.

Pele

Michael Malver

I am missing most of the messages to this thread, but I thought I would give my input anyway.
If I select a cell, then press F2, I can use my left and right arrow keys to edit within the cell. The feature was broken for a while, but the latest version of jaws it’s me move within the cell.

On Jul 26, 2018, at 10:00 AM, Alan Robbins via Groups.Io <alan1057=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

Pele,

Well the only work around I've found is to copy the cell, paste it into
notepad, make the desired changes, then copy and paste back into excel. A
lot of work, but doable

Al

It does not surprise me that maximising the window did not solve the Excel
editing problem. I would be interested if anyone comes up with a
satisfactory solution. I am sure Excel did not used to behave like this.

Pele

kevin meyers

I have experienced the same thing. Unable to find a correction.

Kevin Meyers