Topics

Skype eight (8) commands..

Bill Tillery

Below is a file created by my good friend Parker Waddington in html format that list all the commands that appear on the Skype site.  They are listed as; action, and then command both for Windows and MAC.  I hope this aids in clearing up some of the confustion about using the new version.  Bill

Skype Version 8, Hot Keys For Windows And Mac

Hotkeys in Skype (version 8) for Windows Desktop, and Mac

The action desired is shown as a Heading followed by the hot keys for Windows with the Mac Hot Key next.

Open the main Skype window

Not applicable (Windows)
[Command]+[1] (Mac)

Open Notification panel

Ctrl + I (Windows)
Command]+Shift+[O] (Mac)

Open app settings

Ctrl + , (Ctrl + comma) (Windows)
Command]+[Comma] (Mac)

Open Help in default browser

Ctrl + H (Windows)
Not applicable (Mac)

Launch main dial pad

Ctrl + D (Windows)
[Command]+[2] (Mac)

Start new conversation

Ctrl + N (Windows)
Command]+[N] (Mac)

New group

Ctrl + G (Windows)
[Command]+[G] (Mac)

Search for all contacts, messages and bots

Ctrl + F (Windows)
[Command]+[F] (Mac)

Search within selected message

Ctrl + Shift + S (Windows)
[Command]+Shift+[S] (Mac)

Navigate to recent chats

Alt + 1 (Windows)
Not applicable (Mac)

Open contacts

Alt + 2 (Windows)
[Command]+Shift+[C] (Mac)

Open contact screen to bots

Alt + 3 (Windows)
[Command]+Shift+[B] (Mac)

Send feedback

Ctrl + O (Windows)
[Command]+Option+[O] (Mac)

Refresh the app

Ctrl + R (Windows)
[Command]+[R] (Mac)

Open themes

Ctrl + T (Windows)
[Command]+[T] (Mac)

Toggle between light and dark mode

Ctrl + Shift + T (Windows)
[Command]+Shift+[T] (Mac)

Zoom InOr Out (Windows)

Use Alt + V to bring up the View menu to zoom in, out, or return to actual size

Ctrl + Shift + = to zoom in

Ctrl + minus to zoom out

Ctrl + 0 for actual size

Zoom In Or Out (Mac)

Use the View button to zoom in, out, or return to actual size

[Command]+[plus] to zoom in

[Command]+[minus] to zoom out

[Command]+[0] for actual size

Edit the last message sent

Up arrow after sending a message (Windows)
[Command]+Shift+[E] (Mac)

Show conversation profile

Ctrl + P (Windows)
[Command]+[I] (Macc)

Add people to conversation

Ctrl + Shift + A (Windows)
[Command]+Shift+[A] (Mac)

Ctrl + Shift + U (Windows)
[Command]+Shift+[U] (Mac)

Start a video call

Ctrl + Shift + K (Windows)
[Command]+Shift+[K] (Mac)

Start an audio call

Ctrl + Shift + P (Windows)
Command]+Shift+[R] (Mac)

Send a file

Ctrl + Shift + F (Windows)
[Command]+Shift+[F] (Mac)

Start a PSTN call

Enter (Windows)
Return (Mac)

Open gallery

Ctrl + Shift + G (Windows)
Command]+Shift+[G] (Mac)

Take a snapshot

Ctrl + S (Windows)
[Command]+[S] (Mac)

Hang up

Ctrl + E (Windows)
[Command]+Shift+[H] (Mac)

Toggle mute

Ctrl + M (Windows)
Command]+Shift+[M] (Mac)

Select the next message in the chat list

Down Arrow (Windows)
[Command]+[Down Arrow] (Mac)

Select the previous message in the chat list

Up Arrow (Windows)
Command]+[Up Arrow] (Mac)

Created on ... July 19, 2018

“Easily Reachable, Somewhat Teachable, Never Unimpeachable!”“Easily Reachable, Somewhat Teachable, Never unimpeachable!”

Steve Matzura

Quite useful. I will turn this into a real navigable table.

On 7/23/2018 7:07 PM, Bill Tillery wrote:

[...]

Maria Campbell

I don't think I see how to answer a  call.

			Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--St. Francis

[...]

Mario

try control+shift+p. someone was playing around and discovered it. I
think it's not listed.

[...]

Richard Turner

I think the yahoos who wrote up the commands thought Starting A Call was a clear statement.  Obviously it isn’t.  But, in fact, it not only means to start/make a call, but to answer a call.

I suppose one could interpret Start as Answer, but not anyone I know.

Richard

[...]

Look down the list for control-shift-p, the heading is, start an audio call.  As I understand it this will allow you to answer an incoming call or call out when you have selected a contact to call.

[...]

Nothing like a dual-purpose control to confound, confuse, and confusticate. LOL.

On 7/24/2018 11:12 AM, Bill Tillery wrote:

[...]

Not too unusual for the same keyboard shortcut to start and end a call, they just need to say so. After all, on an iPhone the “Answer” button becomes the “End Call” button after you answer a call and on a regular old telephone picking up the receiver answers and putting it back down ends the call, essentially the same idea of a toggle.

[...]

Mark

                as unread

[...]

For those who like these kinds of things, here's an HTML table with the recently posted Skype 8 shortcut key commands. https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbeawdod8bbf83z/Skype%208%20Commands.html?dl=1

Terrie Terlau

Hello Steve,
Thanks so much for the html table of skype 8 commands!!!!!
This is so easy to use.
Best,
Terrie Terlau

For those who like these kinds of things, here's an HTML table with the
recently posted Skype 8 shortcut key commands.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbeawdod8bbf83z/Skype%208%20Commands.html?dl=1

David Moore

Hi all!

I just want to point out that all of those commands do the same in the MS app for skype!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10