Topics

List Membership

Pastor Gil Pries <revgil@...>

I am not really a new member.

I unsubscribed and then subscribed to try and fix my name display.

I found out it didn’t help, so I loged in and fixed my name display.

I’ve been on this list for about 8 months

My question is how long do I have to be on this new member list where each message is approved by the moderators?

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Pastor Gil Pries

.

James Homuth

You’ve only been on this list since April 13, per your account history. You’ve posted twice to the list since that time prior to yesterday. You left and rejoined, and have had a couple posts approved since then. The site automatically removes you from new member moderation after 4, to prevent some unfortunate fool from immediately subscribing to the list and trying to blast us with the spam hose (this has happened).

James,

List Admin

On Sat, Jul 21, 2018 at 10:21 PM, James Homuth wrote:
The site automatically removes you from new member moderation after 4, to prevent some unfortunate fool from immediately subscribing to the list and trying to blast us with the spam hose (this has happened).
James,

         You might want to consider adding something like, "Your posts will be on moderated status until you have made 4 posts," and explaining why in the welcome message.  This policy is a good idea but I can understand why someone with little experience with e-mailing lists and/or online forums with initial moderation settings would not really suspect this to be the case.

          ~ Dorothy Nevill

Pastor Gil Pries <revgil@...>

That’s true with this email address.

Before I was subscribed with gilp@....

I had to change email addresses.

I hav the copy of the email I got from Mike B with the links to unsubscribe andunsubscribing.

Check the archives for gilp@....

I am not trying to be difficult in this matter.

Pastor Gil e

You’ve only been on this list since April 13, per your account history. You’ve posted twice to the list since that time prior to yesterday. You left and rejoined, and have had a couple posts approved since then. The site automatically removes you from new member moderation after 4, to prevent some unfortunate fool from immediately subscribing to the list and trying to blast us with the spam hose (this has happened).

James,

List Admin

I unsubscribed and then subscribed to try and fix my name display.

I found out it didn’t help, so I loged in and fixed my name display.

I’ve been on this list for about 8 months

My question is how long do I have to be on this new member list where each message is approved by the moderators?

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Pastor Gil Pries

.

James Homuth

Not difficult at all. And, actually, with the two posts of yours I’ve just approved it’s also moot, as you’re no longer moderated.

James,

List Admin

You’ve only been on this list since April 13, per your account history. You’ve posted twice to the list since that time prior to yesterday. You left and rejoined, and have had a couple posts approved since then. The site automatically removes you from new member moderation after 4, to prevent some unfortunate fool from immediately subscribing to the list and trying to blast us with the spam hose (this has happened).

James,

List Admin

I unsubscribed and then subscribed to try and fix my name display.

I found out it didn’t help, so I loged in and fixed my name display.

I’ve been on this list for about 8 months

My question is how long do I have to be on this new member list where each message is approved by the moderators?

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Pastor Gil Pries

.

Pastor Gil Pries <revgil@...>

Thanks very much.

Pastor Gil

Not difficult at all. And, actually, with the two posts of yours I’ve just approved it’s also moot, as you’re no longer moderated.

James,

List Admin

You’ve only been on this list since April 13, per your account history. You’ve posted twice to the list since that time prior to yesterday. You left and rejoined, and have had a couple posts approved since then. The site automatically removes you from new member moderation after 4, to prevent some unfortunate fool from immediately subscribing to the list and trying to blast us with the spam hose (this has happened).

James,

List Admin