Topics

should i use skype for windows 10 or skype 8 for jaws 2018

Marvin Hunkin <neilmarvin@...>

hi. got skype for windows 10 and part of a student community for my it gaming course from http://www.upskilled.edu.au. so what's the main difference between skype for windows 10 and skype 8? if i uinstall skype for windows and then install skype 8. will it set all my contacts and then restore my groups, that i am on. what's the difference. should i get skype 8, and just uinstall skype for windows 10. find the interface fine, able to tab around, but would be nice to have the online confirmation. so, any help. how to go forward. got the latest july jaws 2018. using windows 10 64 bit pro. please let me know, if i should switch. marvin.

Ann Byrne

At 08:49 PM 7/20/2018, you wrote:
hi. got skype for windows 10 and part of a student community for my it gaming course from http://www.upskilled.edu.au. so what's the main difference between skype for windows 10 and skype 8? if i uinstall skype for windows and then install skype 8. will it set all my contacts and then restore my groups, that i am on. what's the difference. should i get skype 8, and just uinstall skype for windows 10. find the interface fine, able to tab around, but would be nice to have the online confirmation. so, any help. how to go forward. got the latest july jaws 2018. using windows 10 64 bit pro. please let me know, if i should switch. marvin.

[]
Virus-free. <https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&;utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>www.avast.com

Use Skype 8, the Windows 10 UWP app is not very good to use, no shortcut keys and all you can do is tab and hope for the best. You may also read this article which Jonathan Mosen just wrote regarding Skype plans, a lot of heavy Skype users were still using Skype 7.4 with the Jaws scripts from Doug Lee, but as of September 1 Microsoft will retire Skype 7 and it is expected that you won’t even be able to connect any more using it and you will have to then use Skype 8 or the UWP app, but it would appear that you will want to put your money (figuratively speaking) on Skype 8:

Skype 8 – blog article from Jonathan Mosen

Regards,

Sieghard

hi. got skype for windows 10 and part of a student community for my it gaming course from http://www.upskilled.edu.au. so what's the main difference between skype for windows 10 and skype 8? if i uinstall skype for windows and then install skype 8. will it set all my contacts and then restore my groups, that i am on. what's the difference. should i get skype 8, and just uinstall skype for windows 10. find the interface fine, able to tab around, but would be nice to have the online confirmation. so, any help. how to go forward. got the latest july jaws 2018. using windows 10 64 bit pro. please let me know, if i should switch. marvin.

Steve Matzura

It's the same thing, called by  a different name.

No scripts for Skype UWP? Say it ain't so! http://www.dlee.org/skype/uwp/