Msword 2016 and sounds

Nino Dagostino

Good morning:

Maybe someone can help me, in word When you delete text the computer used to make a sound.

Now that does not happen.

Using Ms outlook 2016 the sounds work.

I am hoping someone can point me in the write direction.

Thank you.

Chris

Have you looked under options > ease of access

Make sure sounds are enabled there

Maybe someone can help me, in word When you delete text the computer used to make a sound.

Now that does not happen.

Using Ms outlook 2016 the sounds work.

I am hoping someone can point me in the write direction.

Thank you.

Van Lant, Robin

These sounds are enabled by turning on the Office Sounds.  In Word, go to the File menu, then options.  When the dialog opens, arrow down to the Ease of Access options, then tab over to where all the setting choices are.  The first option is a checkbox to enable the sounds.  Check if this got turned off somehow.

I just started using this feature and am still not sure what all the sounds mean, but kind of like it.  I will note that, from my little test, I only get the sound if I select some text and then hit delete, but not if I delete character by character.

Maybe someone can help me, in word When you delete text the computer used to make a sound.

Now that does not happen.

Using Ms outlook 2016 the sounds work.

I am hoping someone can point me in the write direction.

Thank you.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Mario

curious... is there a sounds pack (or something) that needs to be
downloaded and installed before enabling them in Word as in previous
versions of Office?