Download Completion Notification Sound in Firefox And Internet Explorer

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

First, before I say anything, I want to express my appreciation for this list, and for those who have been helping me with my latest internet browser issues.

I now have successfully gotten the download completion notification sound to work in Firefox 61.

However, I’m still having trouble getting it to work in internet explorer  11 here.

In IE, I have made sure that the “notify me when download is complete” option is checked.

However, in IE 11, when I go to accessibility, I can’t seem to find the needed option to turn download completion sounds on.

If someone can give me some additional instructions as to where to find this option and how to get there in IE 11, I’d appreciate that very much.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

CathyAnne Murtha

I was looking for this a bit ago for a student. Unfortunately, it seems this option is configured in the Windows registry.  I don’t feel comfortable giving instructions for accessing the registry but you can do a Google search for detailed instructions or ask Microsoft Accessibility to check it for you.

CathyAnne

CathyAnne Murtha

Access Technology Institute, LLC

cathy@...

www.blind.training

(520) 300-7859

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 12:49 PM
To: 'jfw list' <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: Download Completion Notification Sound in Firefox And Internet Explorer

Hello, everyone.

First, before I say anything, I want to express my appreciation for this list, and for those who have been helping me with my latest internet browser issues.

I now have successfully gotten the download completion notification sound to work in Firefox 61.

However, I’m still having trouble getting it to work in internet explorer  11 here.

In IE, I have made sure that the “notify me when download is complete” option is checked.

However, in IE 11, when I go to accessibility, I can’t seem to find the needed option to turn download completion sounds on.

If someone can give me some additional instructions as to where to find this option and how to get there in IE 11, I’d appreciate that very much.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Maria Campbell

Under options you go to advanced tab, then down to accessibility and make sure play system sounds is on.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

"Preach the Gospel, and when necessary use words!"
--St. Francis

On 7/10/2018 3:49 PM, Tom Behler wrote:

Hello, everyone.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Tom Behler

Thanks, Cathy.

At least I now know it isn’t just me.  (smile)

I guess things have changed with the latest iteration of Internet Explorer 11.

May just give Microsoft Accessibility a call.

At least I can now get my download completion sounds in Firefox, which I use as my main internet browser anyway.

And, I’m planning to download and install Chrome as yet another browser option.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of CathyAnne Murtha
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 4:04 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Download Completion Notification Sound in Firefox And Internet Explorer

I was looking for this a bit ago for a student. Unfortunately, it seems this option is configured in the Windows registry.  I don’t feel comfortable giving instructions for accessing the registry but you can do a Google search for detailed instructions or ask Microsoft Accessibility to check it for you.

CathyAnne

CathyAnne Murtha

cathy@...

www.blind.training

(520) 300-7859

Subject: Download Completion Notification Sound in Firefox And Internet Explorer

Hello, everyone.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Tom. If you go to Internet Options>Advanced, and go to the Accessibility section, it is the fourth entry down: Play System Sounds. It may say this option is off. Just press Space Bar, and tab to Apply.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: Download Completion Notification Sound in Firefox And Internet Explorer

Thanks, Cathy.

At least I can now get my download completion sounds in Firefox, which I use as my main internet browser anyway.

Tom Behler

CathyAnne

CathyAnne Murtha

cathy@...

www.blind.training

(520) 300-7859

Hello, everyone.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi again, Tom. Would you be interested in doing a JAWS Tandem with me? If so, I could check your Accessibility options in Internet Explorer.

I have Windows 10, and am using Internet Explorer version 11. My version of Internet Explorer’s system sounds being on is not registry dependent.

Thank you.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Thanks, Cathy.

Tom Behler

CathyAnne

CathyAnne Murtha

cathy@...

www.blind.training

(520) 300-7859

Hello, everyone.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Ashleigh Piccinino

Tom,
This is under the advanced tab in your tools and Internet options. You will have to press P to get to play system sounds and make sure it’s checked. You might also want to press P again until you get to play system sounds on webpages make sure that is checked. Hope this helps

On Jul 10, 2018, at 2:49 PM, Tom Behler <tombehler@...> wrote:

Hello, everyone.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Tom Behler

Bill, Ashleigh, and all.

I think I now have checked the appropriate options for getting the Internet Explorer sounds to indicate that a given download is complete.  I simply was not arrowing down far enough under the accessibility internet options to get to where I needed to go.

However, I’m now having difficulties testing this on the BARD web site.

The difficulties are with Internet Explorer;  Firefox works fine.

I’ll post a quiry to the BAR List, rather than cluttering up this list with a BARD-related quiry.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 4:31 PM

Hi, Tom. If you go to Internet Options>Advanced, and go to the Accessibility section, it is the fourth entry down: Play System Sounds. It may say this option is off. Just press Space Bar, and tab to Apply.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Thanks, Cathy.

Tom Behler

CathyAnne

CathyAnne Murtha

cathy@...

www.blind.training

(520) 300-7859

Hello, everyone.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Ashleigh Piccinino

You might also want to check that place sounds on webpages is on.
Hope this helps,
Ashley

On Jul 10, 2018, at 3:09 PM, Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@...> wrote:

Under options you go to advanced tab, then down to accessibility and make sure play system sounds is on.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

"Preach the Gospel, and when necessary use words!"
--St. Francis

On 7/10/2018 3:49 PM, Tom Behler wrote:

Hello, everyone.

Thank you!

Tom Behler