Outlook Inbox Question

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

I am currently using Outlook 2016 with Office 365 and the latest version of Jaws 2018 on a windows 7 laptop.

Recently, I have noticed that Outlook now places e-mails with a high importance designation at the top of my in-box message list, irrespective of the date and time of those messages.

While this is helpful in terms of reminding me of the importance level associated with the message, I still prefer to have my in-box messages arranged with my most recent message at the top of the message list.

Does anyone know how I can change my in-box message list so that the messages are arranged chronologically from most recent to oldest, irrespective of their level of importance?

So far, I haven’t found the option to do this, and am not sure how things got changed in the first place.

Tom Behler

CathyAnne Murtha <cathy@...>

Yes. There is.

You can sort messages by a variety of criteria.

1. Open the View Ribbon (ALT-V)

2. Activate the “Arrangement” List (A, B)

Use ALL FOUR ARROW KEYS to make a selection.  You probably want to sort by “Date”

When focused on an option you’d like to use, press ENTER.

Your folder is now sorted by the selected criteria.

CathyAnne

CathyAnne Murtha

Access Technology Institute, LLC

cathy@...

www.blind.training

(520) 300-7859

I am currently using Outlook 2016 with Office 365 and the latest version of Jaws 2018 on a windows 7 laptop.

Recently, I have noticed that Outlook now places e-mails with a high importance designation at the top of my in-box message list, irrespective of the date and time of those messages.

While this is helpful in terms of reminding me of the importance level associated with the message, I still prefer to have my in-box messages arranged with my most recent message at the top of the message list.

Does anyone know how I can change my in-box message list so that the messages are arranged chronologically from most recent to oldest, irrespective of their level of importance?

So far, I haven’t found the option to do this, and am not sure how things got changed in the first place.

Tom Behler

Ashleigh Piccinino

I’m not sure on windows seven. I think you would go to arrange by sub menu and click on date. Either that, or newest on top. Once again, do not quote me on this I’m not sure on windows seven.

On Jul 10, 2018, at 8:37 AM, Tom Behler <tombehler@...> wrote:

Hello, everyone.

I am currently using Outlook 2016 with Office 365 and the latest version of Jaws 2018 on a windows 7 laptop.

Recently, I have noticed that Outlook now places e-mails with a high importance designation at the top of my in-box message list, irrespective of the date and time of those messages.

While this is helpful in terms of reminding me of the importance level associated with the message, I still prefer to have my in-box messages arranged with my most recent message at the top of the message list.

Does anyone know how I can change my in-box message list so that the messages are arranged chronologically from most recent to oldest, irrespective of their level of importance?

So far, I haven’t found the option to do this, and am not sure how things got changed in the first place.

Tom Behler

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Tom:

1. Alt-F-T-M.
2. I believe second or third tab has ascending or Descending
checked. I like ascending too.

As for the importance, that sounds like some kind of flag,
and I know nothing about what to do in that case.

Best regards,

Carolyn

[...]

I've got everything back to normal here.

I just had to make some changes in my in-box message folder list view.

The thing that puzzles me is how things got altered in the first place,
since I typically don't go into Outlook to change things once I have them
set up.

Am just chalking it up as one of those cyber mysteries. ... At least, it
was solvable.

Tom Behler