From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John J. Fioravanti, Jr.
Sent: Saturday, July 7, 2018 10:43 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Search for emails in outlook 2016

Hello: I am using Windows 10, Outlook 2016 and the newest version of Jaws 2018. Up until a week ago, if I was in outlook and hit control+E, and typed in a search term or email, the items in the search requested would show up and I could simply look at those respective emails. Recently, however, when I type control+e, I see the following if I tab across: Search query; Clos search button; menu current mailbox submenu; by date button (to activate press space bar); newest on top, (to activate press space bar); and sometimes I see: all (check box checked).
My sighted assistant says that the search terms are showing up and being found, however, jaws isn't showing me them. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Jim Fettgather

Although not as streamlined, I can still use Control Shift F in Outlook 2016 to search using various criteria, perform the search, and press F6 to show the search results.

Glad or should I say, sad, to see you have the same issue. This is true for other screen readers as well. I have some vision and combine Windows Magnifier with a screen reader. If I figure out a keyboard solution, I'll post it. Honestly, I use Office 365 and the change in that search feature has been a recent update to Outlook. I have searched for ways to revert to the simple form but have had no luck. I will post to another screen reader list to see if there are proffered key approaches or other solutions.
Rick

Dr. Rick Ely
TVI, Vision Consultant
451 Rocky Hill Road
Florence, MA 01062
&413() 727-3038

Hello: I am using Windows 10, Outlook 2016 and the newest version of Jaws 2018. Up until a week ago, if I was in outlook and hit control+E, and typed in a search term or email, the items in the search requested would show up and I could simply look at those respective emails. Recently, however, when I type control+e, I see the following if I tab across: Search query; Clos search button; menu current mailbox submenu; by date button (to activate press space bar); newest on top, (to activate press space bar); and sometimes I see: all (check box checked).
My sighted assistant says that the search terms are showing up and being found, however, jaws isn't showing me them. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

ely.r@...

Jim,
Thanks for that. Way simpler than the new "improved" method.
Rick

Dr. Rick Ely
TVI, Vision Consultant
451 Rocky Hill Road
Florence, MA 01062
&413() 727-3038

[...]

Control+E and then typing a search word still works fine for me. After I type my search word I press Shift+Tab once and I am immediately in my now reduced list of messages which match what I am searching for.

[...]

Gudrun Brunot

Hi all; I've used the control-e search as well, but that seems to only search in the in box. I should add that I'm stil using Outlook 2010 with JAWS 2018 .

[...]

If I am in the inbox of any of my 3 accounts and search using Control+E the results that come up also include messages from other folders in that account.