Windows Explorer messed-up view

Gudrun Brunot

Hi Gang: I have some weird occurrence on my new daw in the Windows explorer view. No matter what I try to do under [view], I can’t get rid of these ridiculous expanded headings, such as [I n-p (9) row header] or [q n-z (7) row header]

Under each of these, there are first some folders, then some files. Yes, there are single .wav files under each after the folders.

Can someone please tell me (like I’m a two-year-old) what to do here?

Gudrun

Find my resume, listen to samples, and read about my services: vocal instruction, voiceover production, translation, phone interpreting, sound design, and hear clips from my CD, J-Walking by visiting

http://www.gudrunbrunot.com

Gudrun,

Can you shoot me a windowed screen shot of your File Explorer (if it's Win10) or Windows Explorer (Win7) window with the problem going on?    I know I have seen this before, but can't seem to quickly replicate it here.  Seeing it may jog my memory.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

Gudrun Brunot

Hi Brian: Here's the screenshot of that screwy view. Thanks.

Gudrun

Please note my new email of brunotgudrun@gmail.com

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2018 6:12 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Windows Explorer messed-up view

Gudrun,

Can you shoot me a windowed screen shot of your File Explorer (if it's Win10) or Windows Explorer (Win7) window with the problem going on? I know I have seen this before, but can't seem to quickly replicate it here. Seeing it may jog my memory.

--

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Gudrun. Here's what I have checked in the View tab in Windows Explorer:

Navigation pane checked. Details pane checked.

Under Navigation Pane, none of the items under this pane are checked. Here is what I have listed under Navigation Pane:

Expand to open folder

Show all folders

Show libraries

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gudrun Brunot
Sent: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 9:23 PM

Gudrun

Gudrun,

Can you shoot me a windowed screen shot of your File Explorer (if it's Win10) or Windows Explorer (Win7) window with the problem going on? I know I have seen this before, but can't seem to quickly replicate it here. Seeing it may jog my memory.

--

~ Mark Twain

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Gudrun. I tried sending this message once before, but I didn't see it appear on this list. Here's what I have checked in the View tab in Windows Explorer:

Under Navigation Pane, none of the items under this pane are checked. Here is what I have listed under Navigation Pane:

Expand to open folder

Show all folders

Show libraries

Bill White

Gudrun

Gudrun,

--

~ Mark Twain

CathyAnne Murtha

You list may be grouped.

Try this:
1. Open the view ribbon (ALT-V)
2. Activate the “Group By” command (G)

Within the drop-down list, activate (None).

Hopefully, that restores the normal view.

CathyAnne

---

CathyAnne Murtha
CEO
Access Technology Institute, LLC
www.blind.training
cathy@...
Phone: (520) 300-7859

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 10:48 PM -0700, "Bill White" <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

Hi, Gudrun. I tried sending this message once before, but I didn't see it appear on this list. Here's what I have checked in the View tab in Windows Explorer:

Expand to open folder 

Show all folders 

Show libraries

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

Hi Brian: Here's the screenshot of that screwy view.  Thanks.

Gudrun

Please note my new email of brunotgudrun@...

Gudrun,

Can you shoot me a windowed screen shot of your File Explorer (if it's Win10) or Windows Explorer (Win7) window with the problem going on?    I know I have seen this before, but can't seem to quickly replicate it here.  Seeing it may jog my memory.

-- 

~ Mark Twain

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 09:23 pm, Gudrun Brunot wrote:
Here's the screenshot of that screwy view.
Gudrun,

If this has not already been solved by the advice given by others, please e-mail me that screen shot directly.  It gets stripped out on the "forums side" of groups.io and, thus, I have no way of seeing it.

--

~ Mark Twain

Gudrun Brunot

Yeah, CathyAnne. That did it. Thanks to you also, Bill, even though I couldn't find the navigation pane (was that a JAWS setting--I tried to find it under the view tab when I was under my document). Anyway, I got rid of the annoyance.

Gudrun

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of CathyAnne Murtha
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2018 12:25 AM

You list may be grouped.

Try this:
1. Open the view ribbon (ALT-V)
2. Activate the “Group By” command (G)

Within the drop-down list, activate (None).

Hopefully, that restores the normal view.

CathyAnne

---

CathyAnne Murtha
CEO
www.blind.training
cathy@blind.training
Phone: (520) 300-7859

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 10:48 PM -0700, "Bill White" <billwhite92701@dslextreme.com> wrote:

Expand to open folder

Show all folders

Show libraries

Bill White

Gudrun

Gudrun,

--

~ Mark Twain

Gudrun Brunot

Oh, sorry. CathyAnne's instruction to alt-v for view, sort by groups, and select [none] restored the normal view. Thanks for following up, and happy fourth.

Gudrun

Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2018 6:03 AM

Gudrun,

If this has not already been solved by the advice given by others, please e-mail me that screen shot directly. It gets stripped out on the "forums side" of groups.io and, thus, I have no way of seeing it.

--

~ Mark Twain

CathyAnne Murtha

I'm glad I could help!

CathyAnne

CathyAnne Murtha
cathy@blind.training
www.blind.training
(520) 300-7859

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gudrun Brunot
Sent: Wednesday, July 4, 2018 1:38 PM

Oh, sorry. CathyAnne's instruction to alt-v for view, sort by groups, and select [none] restored the normal view. Thanks for following up, and happy fourth.

Gudrun

Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2018 6:03 AM

Gudrun,

If this has not already been solved by the advice given by others, please e-mail me that screen shot directly. It gets stripped out on the "forums side" of groups.io and, thus, I have no way of seeing it.

--

~ Mark Twain