From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Stan Holdeman <sholdeman@...>
Sent: Monday, July 2, 2018 6:01:43 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: sound card

Using Windows 10 and Jaws 2018.

My eloquence voice seems to be growling a lot lately. Is that a sound card going bad?

Here I reveal my ignorance—what is a sound card? Is it hardware or software?

Stan

This could be a driver issue, have you recently had any major Windows updates, e.g. the Windows 1804 update? A lot of people have reported problems with Jaws after that update with respect to sound. If you have a USB headset you can simply plug it in and see if you have the same issues.