Topics

alt and control key seem to be stuck

kevin meyers

Hello,

I’m using windows10 and jaws2018. Suddenly either the alt or control key is stated when pressing enter, any of the arrow keys and so on. If I unload Jaws and reload it goes away. What could be causing this to suddenly occur?

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

Bill White

This is something I have seen with computers since 2003. You can either do what you did, and unload JAWS, or simply press both ALT keys sequentially. That usually unsticks them.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: kevin meyers <kman2020@...>
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date created: , 7:08:32 PM

Hello,

I’m using windows10 and jaws2018. Suddenly either the alt or control key is stated when pressing enter, any of the arrow keys and so on. If I unload Jaws and reload it goes away. What could be causing this to suddenly occur?

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

Ashleigh Piccinino

I’m not sure but I have this problem too sometimes

On Jul 1, 2018, at 11:08 AM, kevin meyers <kman2020@...> wrote:

Hello,

I’m using windows10 and jaws2018. Suddenly either the alt or control key is stated when pressing enter, any of the arrow keys and so on. If I unload Jaws and reload it goes away. What could be causing this to suddenly occur?

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

Ashleigh Piccinino

Good to know!

On Jul 1, 2018, at 5:13 PM, HH. Smith Jr. <josham129@...> wrote:

I’ve had this reoccurring, intermittent issue from version 15. I reported it but I couldn’t repeat the problem for the technical support person. so, I kind of figure a fix out. I would hold the control and alt key at the same time and tap the escape key a few times and that seems to work about 95% of the time.

This is something I have seen with computers since 2003. You can either do what you did, and unload JAWS, or simply press both ALT keys sequentially. That usually unsticks them.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I’m using windows10 and jaws2018. Suddenly either the alt or control key is stated when pressing enter, any of the arrow keys and so on. If I unload Jaws and reload it goes away. What could be causing this to suddenly occur?

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

Dave Durber

Ashleigh and others:

When I have this problem, my first choice is to unload then reload JAWS. If that does not work, I then restart Windows. Doing either one or both fixes the problem.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

I’m not sure but I have this problem too sometimes

On Jul 1, 2018, at 11:08 AM, kevin meyers <kman2020@...> wrote:

Hello,

I’m using windows10 and jaws2018. Suddenly either the alt or control key is stated when pressing enter, any of the arrow keys and so on. If I unload Jaws and reload it goes away. What could be causing this to suddenly occur?

Cheers,

Kevin Meyers

Ashleigh Piccinino

Thank you for the update Ashley