From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Ingram
Sent: 30 June 2018 06:42
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: What are the differences between indeed and monster in terms of job title search results?

Hi list members, i'd like to know if anyone has had semular experences with indeed and monster when it comes to job title search results? From What I've seen so far I have some of the same problems that I've experienced with monster when it comes to job title search results. I'm trying to type in job title of music producer on indeed but i'm not sure of what I could be doing wrong. Should I be using quotes around the words or is there something else that needs to be done in order that I might perform a proper job search on this job search hiring site. Thank you for any information that you might have concerning this question.

Jim Fettgather

Here is the way that I make absolutely certain that I get the results I want.

When you are first on the site, you have probably noticed the two edit boxes that let you type in your key words and location.
This is not really a good way to search.
Instead, when first on the site, click Browse Jobs, it will be in the Jaws list of links.
When that page loads, click Advanced job search.
You will have many edit boxes, and the second one is, "with the exact phrase."
You may get fewer results typing into this edit box, but they will be much more targetted and reflect exactly what you want.
You may continue to tab through, you will have the opportunity to choose from which web sites your jobs will appear, to choose staffing agencies or not, how close you want the listings to be, with a combo box that lets you adjust the number of miles you are willing to travel, an edit box for your city and state, and finally, the ability to specify how recent you wish the postings to be, such as any time, the last 15 days, the last 7 days, and so on.
This is definitely the best way to use the indeed site to get the results for which you are looking.
Hope this helps.