Topics

moderated Software for canging volume in audio tracks for .flac and .wav files

Dave Durber

Hello Everyone:

When I rip audio CD's to flac lossless audio, for example, the volume can vary considerably from track to track.

I appreciate that the original volume was set at the original recording company.

Does anyone know of a program, which will allow me to set the audio in the .flac files, to 0 DB or +1 DB across all tracks and which is accessible using JAWS?

Thanks in anticipation.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Tom <tomcat509@...>

Hi,
I also would like to know the answer to this question.

Is there such a program which, when run against a folder of music mp3
files, would set all file volumes to a similar level.

Currently I have a few usb sticks containing numerous music tracks by
different artists but each track seems to have a different volume level. It
would be great to set all tracks to a similar volume level regardless of
which player was used.

Thanks
Tom

When I rip audio CD's to flac lossless audio, for example, the volume can
vary considerably from track to track.

I appreciate that the original volume was set at the original recording
company.

Does anyone know of a program, which will allow me to set the audio in the
.flac files, to 0 DB or +1 DB across all tracks and which is accessible
using JAWS?

Thanks in anticipation.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Dave Durber

Hello Tom:

If you have a folder or several folders containing audio files ripped to .mp3 format, which, when played, play at varying sound levels, you can use MP3 Gain to change the volume of all the .MP3 files to the same audio level. I am using this program, curtacy of Steve Matzura, who suggested it to me. Below, are two sites where you can download MP3 Gain:

https://mp3gain.en.softonic.com/download

and

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mp3gain/

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

When I rip audio CD's to flac lossless audio, for example, the volume can
vary considerably from track to track.

I appreciate that the original volume was set at the original recording
company.

Does anyone know of a program, which will allow me to set the audio in the
.flac files, to 0 DB or +1 DB across all tracks and which is accessible
using JAWS?

Thanks in anticipation.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

R&J

You might try MP3Gain available from https://sourceforge.net.  I have used it and it is fairly accessible with JAWS.  You might have to do a bit of hunting with the JAWS cursor, but the software does exactly what you want.  It looks at the amplitude of the track and raises it to the highest level (or a level of your choice) that does not introduce distortion.  I have used it on a folder of songs, but had a bit of difficulty when I tried it on several hundred songs at one time.  It is free as well.

Dave Durber

MP3 Gain also reduces volume levels as well.