From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Amanda Berkley
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Anyone familiar with Zoom?

Hi,

I have someone who wants to connect with me via the Zoom platform.
Does anyone know of it's accessibility? Just wondering if anyone has experience using it with JAWS 18.

Thanks,
Amanda

Amanda Berkley

Hi Mike,

Do you suggest using it on a computer or via a mobile device such as the iPhone?

I've looked at the Zoom site, and it seems very confusing as to which
platform I would need to connect 1 on 1 with a person.

Thanks,
Amanda

On 6/19/18, Michael Mote <miketmote73@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi there! I have used Zoom several times, both as a host, and as an
attendee. It is very user friendly, and has a lot of shortcut keys that you
can take advantage of when using the application.

I have someone who wants to connect with me via the Zoom platform.
Does anyone know of it's accessibility? Just wondering if anyone has
experience using it with JAWS 18.

Thanks,
Amanda

Steve Matzura

Zoom accessibility is first-rate. They can send you the meeting URL, or even create a small, and I really do mean small, application which can sit on your Desktop, and when clicked on, will immediately/instantly connect you to their meeting.

On 6/19/2018 12:15 PM, Amanda Berkley wrote:
Hi,

I have someone who wants to connect with me via the Zoom platform.
Does anyone know of it's accessibility? Just wondering if anyone has
experience using it with JAWS 18.

Thanks,
Amanda

Michael Mote

Hi Amanda! I've used it both ways. If I'm being honest, the PC version seems to work better, but it really depends on what you're going to be doing in your session. If it requires you to share your screen, then by all means, use your computer.

I have someone who wants to connect with me via the Zoom platform.
Does anyone know of it's accessibility? Just wondering if anyone has
experience using it with JAWS 18.

Thanks,
Amanda

Amanda Berkley

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your input, no screen sharing is required, this is a
coaching session; so it will be all dialogue.

I think I'll try it on the PC first, and move to the iPhone if that
doesn't work.