From: Dave Durber
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2018 3:35 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Question about Windows Mail

Hello Everybody:

Are there any members on this list who use Windows Mail when they used
Windows Vista?

If there are, do you remember if there was a short cut keystroke to take you
to the contact folder so you could access your list of contacts?

I am using Windows Mail but, I do not see such a short cut keystroke.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

David Pearson

Hi:

Using WLM, and Windows7. Cntrl + 3 puts me into "contacts". Not sure about Vista.

Sincerely,

David Pearson

Try Control-numrow 3 to access the Contacts list and Control-numrow-1 to
return to the list of folders.

Gerald

Are there any members on this list who use Windows Mail when they used
Windows Vista?

If there are, do you remember if there was a short cut keystroke to take you
to the contact folder so you could access your list of contacts?

I am using Windows Mail but, I do not see such a short cut keystroke.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Don Walls

I believe it was control alt c.

Don

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, David. He wasn't asking about Windows Live Mail. He was asking about the
Windows Mail program that comes with Windows.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Try Control-numrow 3 to access the Contacts list and Control-numrow-1 to
return to the list of folders.

Gerald

Are there any members on this list who use Windows Mail when they used
Windows Vista?

If there are, do you remember if there was a short cut keystroke to take you
to the contact folder so you could access your list of contacts?

I am using Windows Mail but, I do not see such a short cut keystroke.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

david

hello;
it's been awhile since I've used vista, however, I seem to remember that
ctrl+shift+c opened the contacts.
not 100% sure though!

       The impossible is the untried, Never under estimate the power of a
dream.

Are there any members on this list who use Windows Mail when they used
Windows Vista?

If there are, do you remember if there was a short cut keystroke to take you

to the contact folder so you could access your list of contacts?

I am using Windows Mail but, I do not see such a short cut keystroke.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Dave Durber

Hello David:

Jus to clarrify, I am using Windows Mail in Windows 7. It is included with windows 7 but, you have to activate it. I am not sure, but I think it is also included with Windows 8 and Windows 10.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Are there any members on this list who use Windows Mail when they used
Windows Vista?

If there are, do you remember if there was a short cut keystroke to take you

to the contact folder so you could access your list of contacts?

I am using Windows Mail but, I do not see such a short cut keystroke.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Gerald Levy

The email program that comes with Windows 7 is Windows Live Mail, not Windows Mail, which came with Vista.

Gerald

Are there any members on this list who use Windows Mail when they used
Windows Vista?

If there are, do you remember if there was a short cut keystroke to take you

to the contact folder so you could access your list of contacts?

I am using Windows Mail but, I do not see such a short cut keystroke.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

david

hello; well, I must be missing something, I thought I heard a question
regarding vista and windows mail;
quote:
Hello Everybody:

Are there any members on this list who use Windows Mail when they used
Windows Vista?

If there are, do you remember if there was a short cut keystroke to take you

to the contact folder so you could access your list of contacts?

However if we're talking about windows live mail, why can't you use ctrl+#3
to get into your contacts, and then? ctrl+1 to go back to the inbox.

       The impossible is the untried, Never under estimate the power of a
dream.

The email program that comes with Windows 7 is Windows Live Mail, not
Windows Mail, which came with Vista.

Gerald

Are there any members on this list who use Windows Mail when they used
Windows Vista?

If there are, do you remember if there was a short cut keystroke to take you

to the contact folder so you could access your list of contacts?

I am using Windows Mail but, I do not see such a short cut keystroke.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Gerald Levy

That's what I thought, also. But in his latest message, he claims that he is using Windows 7, and if this is the case, his default email client is Windows Live Mail, not Windows Mail.

Gerald

The email program that comes with Windows 7 is Windows Live Mail, not
Windows Mail, which came with Vista.

Gerald

Are there any members on this list who use Windows Mail when they used
Windows Vista?

If there are, do you remember if there was a short cut keystroke to take you

to the contact folder so you could access your list of contacts?

I am using Windows Mail but, I do not see such a short cut keystroke.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

netbat66

windows mail is there but is hidden and disabled. it was left there for the original windows 7 developers.
and if i remember windows 7 did not have any email program when i installed it. i had to manually install it myself as part of the windows essentuals package. its still listed in the add remove program list under windows essentuals.

The email program that comes with Windows 7 is Windows Live Mail, not
Windows Mail, which came with Vista.

Gerald

Are there any members on this list who use Windows Mail when they used
Windows Vista?

If there are, do you remember if there was a short cut keystroke to take you

to the contact folder so you could access your list of contacts?

I am using Windows Mail but, I do not see such a short cut keystroke.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Ashleigh Piccinino

You would be right, it was control plus shift plus C.