Topics

moderated Groups.iio All List Query

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi All,

I noticed something today that I've never noticed before at the bottom of any email that I receive from a Groups.io email list / club.  If I go to the bottom of any email, arrow up a couple of times, and right below the unsubscribe link is my email address!

Would y'all please check any email you get from any Groups.io list you're a member for what I described above, and let me know if you're seeing your email address at the bottom of each email, or if you're seeing someone elses' email address?

All input on this matter will be greatly appreciated!  Thank you very very much!
Take Care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

cecropia64

My email address is at the bottom as well.� Any reason why?

On 6/13/2018 1:22 AM, Mike B. wrote:
Hi All,
I noticed something today that I've never noticed before at the bottom of any email that I receive from a Groups.io email list / club.� If I go to the bottom of any email, arrow up a couple of times, and right below the unsubscribe link is my email address!
Would y'all please check any email you get from any Groups.io list you're a member for what I described above, and let me know if you're seeing your email address at the bottom of each email, or if you're seeing someone elses' email address?
All input on this matter will be greatly appreciated!� Thank you very very much!
Take Care.� Mike.� Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi,

Thank you very much for checking your email for me.  I had never seen my email address at the bottom of a Groups.io email until I unsubscribed from all Groups.io with my MB69mach1 account and and then subscribed with my Mike9902 account.  Thanks again for the verification.  I know it's no big deal, but it just struck me as weird after never having seen this before and having been using Groups.io for several years.
Take Care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

My email address is at the bottom as well.� Any reason why?

On 6/13/2018 1:22 AM, Mike B. wrote:
> Hi All,
> I noticed something today that I've never noticed before at the bottom
> of any email that I receive from a Groups.io email list / club.� If I
> go to the bottom of any email, arrow up a couple of times, and right
> below the unsubscribe link is my email address!
> Would y'all please check any email you get from any Groups.io list
> you're a member for what I described above, and let me know if you're
> seeing your email address at the bottom of each email, or if you're
> seeing someone elses' email address?
> All input on this matter will be greatly appreciated!� Thank you very
> very much!
> Take Care.� Mike.� Go Dodgers!
> Sent from my iBarstool.

cecropia64

not a problem.� have a good one Mike.

Stew

On 6/13/2018 8:26 AM, Mike B. wrote:
[...]

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

I am thinking it must be a new list protocol now, since mine
is at the bottom of this one, as well as it showed at the
bottom of messages on another list.

Best regards,

Carolyn

[...]

Andrew Summers

Yes mine is there also!

Andrew

I noticed something today that I've never noticed before at the bottom of any email that I receive from a Groups.io email list / club.  If I go to the bottom of any email, arrow up a couple of times, and right below the unsubscribe link is my email address!

Would y'all please check any email you get from any Groups.io list you're a member for what I described above, and let me know if you're seeing your email address at the bottom of each email, or if you're seeing someone elses' email address?

All input on this matter will be greatly appreciated!  Thank you very very much!
Take Care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Shirley Tracy

Hi Mike,

Yes, my email address is where you said. That’s interesting. I never noticed it before, though I don’t think there’s anything too strange about it.

Shirley Tracy

I noticed something today that I've never noticed before at the bottom of any email that I receive from a Groups.io email list / club.  If I go to the bottom of any email, arrow up a couple of times, and right below the unsubscribe link is my email address!

Would y'all please check any email you get from any Groups.io list you're a member for what I described above, and let me know if you're seeing your email address at the bottom of each email, or if you're seeing someone elses' email address?

All input on this matter will be greatly appreciated!  Thank you very very much!

Take Care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Mark Furness

Yes, I am also having this slight problem. Mark F.

I noticed something today that I've never noticed before at the bottom of any email that I receive from a Groups.io email list / club.  If I go to the bottom of any email, arrow up a couple of times, and right below the unsubscribe link is my email address!

Would y'all please check any email you get from any Groups.io list you're a member for what I described above, and let me know if you're seeing your email address at the bottom of each email, or if you're seeing someone elses' email address?

All input on this matter will be greatly appreciated!  Thank you very very much!

Take Care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Mario

yes, my subscription email address appears on the very location you
mentioned for every mailing list I am subscribed to. wonder why.

I noticed something today that I've never noticed before at the bottom of
any email that I receive from a Groups.io email list / club. If I go to the
bottom of any email, arrow up a couple of times, and right below the
unsubscribe link is my email address!

Would y'all please check any email you get from any Groups.io list you're a
member for what I described above, and let me know if you're seeing your
email address at the bottom of each email, or if you're seeing someone
elses' email address?

All input on this matter will be greatly appreciated! Thank you very very
much!
Take Care. Mike. Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Maria Campbell

My email address is there as well.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--St. Francis

On 6/13/2018 1:22 AM, Mike B. wrote:

Hi All,

I noticed something today that I've never noticed before at the bottom of any email that I receive from a Groups.io email list / club.  If I go to the bottom of any email, arrow up a couple of times, and right below the unsubscribe link is my email address!

Would y'all please check any email you get from any Groups.io list you're a member for what I described above, and let me know if you're seeing your email address at the bottom of each email, or if you're seeing someone elses' email address?

All input on this matter will be greatly appreciated!  Thank you very very much!
Take Care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Tom Behler

Mike:

I see my own e-mail address at the very bottom of your original e-mail, right below the unsubscribe link as you suggest.

I’m not sure what the purpose of this is, and I’m not sure it’s a good thing.

Tom Behler

I noticed something today that I've never noticed before at the bottom of any email that I receive from a Groups.io email list / club.  If I go to the bottom of any email, arrow up a couple of times, and right below the unsubscribe link is my email address!

Would y'all please check any email you get from any Groups.io list you're a member for what I described above, and let me know if you're seeing your email address at the bottom of each email, or if you're seeing someone elses' email address?

All input on this matter will be greatly appreciated!  Thank you very very much!

Take Care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Gerald Levy

Why is displaying the sender’s email address at the bottom of a message a problem?  I can’t believe all the inane banter about a problem that doesn’t exist.  It’s about time for the moderator to close this thread, which after all, has nothing to do with JAWS.

Gerald

[...]

Bill White

I’m seeing my own email address at the bottom of the email.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I noticed something today that I've never noticed before at the bottom of any email that I receive from a Groups.io email list / club.  If I go to the bottom of any email, arrow up a couple of times, and right below the unsubscribe link is my email address!

Would y'all please check any email you get from any Groups.io list you're a member for what I described above, and let me know if you're seeing your email address at the bottom of each email, or if you're seeing someone elses' email address?

All input on this matter will be greatly appreciated!  Thank you very very much!

Take Care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Mario

I agree, since Joseph Lee posted why this is happening and not to be
concerned. see below: