moderated installing printer drivers

kevin meyers

Hello, I have a HP printer and I need to install the printer drivers. The HP site says I should use Windows solutions. I cannot find this on my laptop. I’m using Windows 10. Thanks, Kevin

Kevin Meyers

414-839-0635

Kevin,

          Virtually all printer hardware or multifunction hardware is plug and play under Windows 10.  "Windows solutions" is code speak for plug the thing in and let Windows install a driver that works.

          That being said, this really depends on the age of the printer.  If you're trying to use something like an ancient Deskjet model or the like there will not be any built-in drivers under Win10 for it.  If this is the case I would try downloading whatever the last and latest set of Windows drivers were from the HP site and try installing those.  I have seen drivers from as early as Windows 7 sometimes work, and most from the Windows 8/8.1 era will work.

           If the printer predates that era you may need to find a new one.

         ~ Mark Twain

george b <gbmagoo@...>

Kevin

From the desktop hit the windows key

Type in printer in the edit field and you will see printer and scanner hit enter

My win 10 defalted to the button add printer / scanner hit enter on that and follow the prompts

If it did not defalt to add printer / scanner then tab to you hear this and hit enter