moderated Freedom Scientific partners with Computers for the Blind to give the best computing experience to those who need it - Freedom Scientific Blog

Cristóbal

This is pretty cool. For those of us who already have Jaws, probably not a “big deal”, but still. The more who are able to get access to a quality screen reader, the better.

And yes, I am aware of NVDA.

I’ve helped a VI low-income friend get a machine from this organization in the past. They do good work.

Once you get past the initial purchase of Jaws, if you price out the SMAs, it’s basically a $5.00 monthly subscription anyway.

http://blog.freedomscientific.com/cftb/

Kenny Peyattt jr.

Do they send out desktops or laptops.

Kenny Peyatt jr.

This is pretty cool. For those of us who already have Jaws, probably not a “big deal”, but still. The more who are able to get access to a quality screen reader, the better.

And yes, I am aware of NVDA.

I’ve helped a VI low-income friend get a machine from this organization in the past. They do good work.

Once you get past the initial purchase of Jaws, if you price out the SMAs, it’s basically a $5.00 monthly subscription anyway.

http://blog.freedomscientific.com/cftb/

Cristóbal

I believe they offer both.

I helped a VI friend get one a few years back. I want to say that it was a laptop. With the laptops being slightly more expensive.

This is pretty cool. For those of us who already have Jaws, probably not a “big deal”, but still. The more who are able to get access to a quality screen reader, the better.

And yes, I am aware of NVDA.

I’ve helped a VI low-income friend get a machine from this organization in the past. They do good work.

Once you get past the initial purchase of Jaws, if you price out the SMAs, it’s basically a $5.00 monthly subscription anyway.

http://blog.freedomscientific.com/cftb/

Robert Cole

On Jun 11, 2018, at 2:15 PM, Cristóbal <crismunoz54@...> wrote:

Hi,

Can someone tell me the price for home use SMa?
Thank you

This is pretty cool. For those of us who already have Jaws, probably not a “big deal”, but still. The more who are able to get access to a quality screen reader, the better.

And yes, I am aware of NVDA.

I’ve helped a VI low-income friend get a machine from this organization in the past. They do good work.

Once you get past the initial purchase of Jaws, if you price out the SMAs, it’s basically a $5.00 monthly subscription anyway.

http://blog.freedomscientific.com/cftb/

Dave Durber

Hello Robert:

For accurate  pricing for all NFO products, in the USA, call, (800) 444-4443. If you live outside the USA, contact the dealer in your country or, the nearest dealer which covers your country.

You can use the following link to locate the nearest dealer to where you live:

HTH